🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Refund for freelancer membership
Page options
shierley20
Community Member

Refund for freelancer membership

is there a way that i can request a refund for a freelancer membership since it is not worth it anymore. Upwork seems not newbie friendly anymore

13 REPLIES 13
prestonhunter
Community Member

You don't need a refund. You can cancel the paid members plan at any time.

petra_r
Community Member

Jayben C wrote:

Upwork seems not newbie friendly anymore

In much the same way as after years on the platform, you're not a newbie anymore?

To answer your question, you don't get a refund for the current month, but if you cancel now, it will not renew at your next renewal date.

yes it is not newbie friendly(just cameback recently and it is my first time using this freelancer membership) and i think its not worth it is there anyway that i can get refund for this or just a partial refund since i just used 4 connects for this paid membership

Jayben C wrote:

yes it is not newbie friendly(just cameback recently and it is my first time using this freelancer membership) and i think its not worth it is there anyway that i can get refund for this or just a partial refund since i just used 4 connects for this paid membership

That's like buying a doughnut, taking a bite and demanding your money back for the chewed on doughnut.

(That's a "No" in case you were wondering...)

Just use the connects and downgrade for next onth.

dont compare it with donuts i am just asking if can refund this paid membership since i have changed my mind i know there is a way to have this refunded since its my money and its not worth it i just used 4 connects for this transaction and did not use the whole CONNECTS

Jayben C wrote:

since its my money 

It's not your money anymore once you started using it, which you have.

...and did not use the whole CONNECTS

That's like saying that you didn't eat the whole doughnut.

Just give it a rest.

do you know buyers remorse petra? dont compare the connects with donuts lol

Jayben C wrote:

do you know buyers remorse petra? dont compare the connects with donuts lol

Yes, but like with everything you "buy" - you can only give it back unused, and your membership is not unused. You nibbled the doughnut and the doughnut isn't going to be refunded.

jagga47
Community Member

My membership is just renewed... I forgot to cancel it... it's not used.

Can it be refunded?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jagga,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

@Bojan

Me too

My membership is just renewed... I forgot to cancel it... it's not used.
Can it be refunded?

Hi Yasser,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
yasir4452
Community Member

I also have same issue. I forgot to cancel. But now i want a refund. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members