🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund given
Page options
lismey
Community Member

Refund given

Hi guys!

The contract with my last client was suddenly put on Hold On. Then, I received a notification from Upwork related to this, but after 2 weeks I received another message from Upwork like this: You sent a refund of $ to Client's name. Can someone explain me a little? Why should I have to give a certain amount of money back to this client?

Thanks in advantage.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lismey,

Unfortunately, when the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. 

Our team will reach out to you directly via email with more information about your specific case.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lismey,

Unfortunately, when the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. 

Our team will reach out to you directly via email with more information about your specific case.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
lismey
Community Member

Hi Bojan S, 

Thank you for your message. By the way, how long can it take for Upwork team to contact me? Because yesterday I only received an email with a simple message of the amount of money to send and without any other explanation.

Thanks!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lismey,

If you have any additional questions feel free to follow up directly on your ticket with number 28130095. Our team will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
singh132
Community Member

This type of fraud happen with me also

Hi Ghanshyam,

Can you please share with us more information about your case so we can better assist you?

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
luka00
Community Member

This happened to me as well.

1. Worked on hourly contract and logged in working hours

2. Two days later the contract was put on hold

3. There was an additional work to be done (on that same contract), so I informed the client that I can not continue with work until the contract is on hold

4. 8 days later i.e. today, I only received a message stating that I refunded everything, while clearly I didn't do such thing

Now how is this possible? I mean there was no prior warning that I will have to refund everything. There should be a possibility for a freelancer to file a dispute for cases like this.

Hoping to get some further assistance on this.

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Luka,

If the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via email with more information about this concern. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
5331170f
Community Member

same issue to me upwork refunded fully approved money Refund of FP - ref# 512614077

Hi Gamika,

I'm sorry to hear about the payment reversal on your Upwork account. The appropriate team will send you notifications with more information about the reversal of funds. We highly suggest you coordinate with the team through that email or you can also update this support ticket that was set up when you reached out to us so that you'll be assisted accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5331170f
Community Member

check the support ticket it was closed with solved tag how its possible?

Hi Gamika,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
d_gulmatov
Community Member

Hello, I have the same issue specific amount of refund automatically given to the client

Hi, what kind of job?

Hello It is hourly job. In the middle client had problem with his account so contract was paused and at that time client asked me to work without tracking and you will add worked hours manually and after contract was resumed I added my worked hours manually, and again client has problem with his account and the hours I added manually is automatically refunded by Upwork

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members