🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund issue
Page options
sudip-debnath
Community Member

Refund issue

I want to refund a client. He hired me today and I just work for 10 minutes. Then he ended the contract. So, I want to refund him. But I can not do it. Please tell me, when I can refund.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

And once again:

As I explained, you can't refund until the client has been charged, which is Monday afternoon sometime UTC.

Do remember that even if you refund (which means the poor feedback will vanish from your public profile after a few days) the impact on your JSS will remain.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Sudip D wrote:

I want to refund a client. He hired me today and I just work for 10 minutes. Then he ended the contract. So, I want to refund him. But I can not do it. Please tell me, when I can refund.

On Monday afternoon, after the client was charged, but why do you want to refund? If you did 10 minutes work, as long as those 10 minutes add up to at least $ 1.00 - mean that you had earnings on that contract.

Contracts where nothing was paid hurt your JSS.

Do you think the client left poor feedback? Why, after 10 minutes?

I did a test task for him. But he did not see that. He forced me to accept the job and start time tracking. Then I accept and run the tracker for 10 minutes. then he said that I am a robot. I did an incorrect task. And already give me a very bad feedback. The job was for $8/hour. I earned $1.33 for 10 minutes. But I don't want to take this type very bad feedback from him. I want to refund, but I can not.

Sudip D wrote:

I did a test task for him. But he did not see that. He forced me to accept the job and start time tracking.

It is completely impossible for a client to force you to take a contract.

Sudip D wrote: And already give me a very bad feedback. The job was for $8/hour. I earned $1.33 for 10 minutes. But I don't want to take this type very bad feedback from him. I want to refund, but I can not.

As I explained, you can't refund until the client has been charged, which is Monday afternoon sometime UTC.

Do remember that even if you refund (which means the poor feedback will vanish from your public profile after a few days) the impact on your JSS will remain.

Please see the screenshot, I want to show my sample task before accepting the contract. But he forced. And after accepting the offer he ended the contract and give bad feedback. Please tell me that, can I refund tomorrow means this Monday?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

^^
Sudip D wrote:

Please see the screenshot, I want to show my sample task before accepting the contract. But he forced. And after accepting the offer he ended the contract and give bad feedback. Please tell me that, can I refund tomorrow means this Monday?

yes, you can refund tomorrow afternoon UTC, but your JSS will take a hit.

You want to be more careful with who you work with. That guy seems a bit nuts.

Sudip D wrote:

Please see the screenshot, I want to show my sample task before accepting the contract. But he forced....

As Petra said, impossible. You can say yes. You can say no. It sounds like you need to exercise your "no" muscle.

I did a test task for him. But he did not see that. He forced me to accept the job and start time tracking. Then I accept and run the tracker for 10 minutes. then he said that I am a robot. I did an incorrect task. And already give me very bad feedback. The job was for $8/hour. I earned $1.33 for 10 minutes. But I don't want to take this type very bad feedback from him. I want to refund, but I can not. please see the screenshot.

Sudip D wrote:

I did a test task for him. But he did not see that. He forced me to accept the job and start time tracking. Then I accept and run the tracker for 10 minutes. then he said that I am a robot. I did an incorrect task. And already give me very bad feedback. The job was for $8/hour. I earned $1.33 for 10 minutes. But I don't want to take this type very bad feedback from him. I want to refund, but I can not. please see the screenshot.

How did he "force" you to accept the job? Unless he was at your house with a gun to your head, I am not understanding this. You can simply NOT accept it regardless of what he tells you to do....... correct? 

petra_r
Community Member

And once again:

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members