🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund needed due to identity verification
Page options
dabughazaleh
Community Member

Refund needed due to identity verification

Hello,

I am very upset with how this platform is operating. I was notified that I needed to ‘verify my identity’. All it told me to do was to sign up to verify my identity. It did NOT mention anything about consequences if I did not do so within a 7 day time period.

I got an email last night stating that my account was placed on hold and that email also mentioned the 7 day time period, that I had not been notified of before. After this email, I immediately initiated the verification process and expressed my concern to the representative who verified my identity by video call. He assured me that my account would be fully restored to what it had been before, including all of my submitted/open proposals.

Now, I’m looking at over 25 proposals that Upwork forced a withdrawal on and didn’t even refund my connects that I had purchased. I am now missing business and am out all the expense on the connects. I’ve been working day and night for the past few months, actively looking for work on this platform. I’m not even able to find a way to directly contact customer service regarding this issue.

I am requesting that my withdrawn proposals be reversed. If this is not possible, I need a full refund on all the 100+ connects I previously purchased.

-Diana A.
1 REPLY 1
dataextract
Community Member

They have clearly mentioned this in their help page.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010609234-ID-Verification-Badge

What happens if I do not pass the verification process?

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members