Did you mean: 

Refund not hurting the JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
31 of 35

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Eric and others,

Jobs with no earnings are counted in JSS, either because they were closed or because several months have passed since a payment was received. So while a refund itself doesn't have any effect on JSS, a full refund will make a job a contract with no earnings. That said, if the contract was ended on good terms, any misunderstandings were resolved and feedback was provided accordingly, the job is unlikely to have a negative effect.

I'd also like to use this opportunity to remind the participants of this discussion of the Community Guidelines. Please, be respectful toward each other when posting on this boards.

Thank you.

Hey, Valeria. If it's been several months since a payment was received, then it's not a job with no earnings, right? There were earnings. Just trying to clarify.

As far as I understand things, open jobs that *have* had earnings won't negatively affect JSS even if it has been quite some time.

We are discussing *only* jobs with *no* earnings at all, correct?

To the OP: I had a client want to hire me (again) but then realize he didn't need the work. He was new, I was new, nobody thought to just have a five-buck payment made. Smiley Very Happy He closed the project but apparently left great feedback for me. This seems to have offset the negative effects of the no-earnings contract as during that period, my JSS actually went up a scootch. Just my experience.

OTOH, you don't have that guarantee that a client will close a no-earnings contract and leave great feedback. When you think about it, why should she, when no work occured? I do feel this is kind of a weird policy, but I won't add to the general yelling about it, LOL.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
32 of 35

Hi Melanie,

Contracts with a history of earnings but no feedback, whether closed or not, are mostly excluded from JSS. However, if the freelancer has many contracts where no feedback has been given, it can impact the score negatively.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ali K Member Since: May 27, 2015
33 of 35

HI Mam,

I need your help about refund and jss

My one client open contract and open one milestone $50 but project was $100  after long time client 

did not contact me  i sent him first draft of banner but client did not response on it

and after 1 month client request refund $50 milestone bcz project cancell I refund all $50  

please guide me it can bad effect for my JSS ?  client choose this ending reason  . I no longer need this work completed

Thanks

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
34 of 35

Hi Ali,

In general, when a contract fails to lead to any earnings your JSS will be negatively impacted. Contracts with no earnings and no feedback, whether closed or not, can significantly lower your JSS because they indicate client dissatisfaction. For more information, please check this help article

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Ali K Member Since: May 27, 2015
35 of 35

if client give 10 points ?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS