🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund request for completed project
Page options
devender-garg
Community Member

Refund request for completed project

Hi 

I hired a freelancer a month ago and it was 2 milestone project. We completed first milestone and released payment couple of weeks ago.

Now during second milestone, because of third party issue, we had to close the project and agree to reverse the first milestone payment too.

I end the contract today and thought there will be an option for refund but I dont have an option.

But I have an "request refund" option for other freelancers I completed projects with.

So my question is, is there any time-frame to request payment for an completed project?

When will I get refund request option for that project OR never?

Thanks for your time

Dev

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Davinder,

Please share your contract ID or freelancer name with me via PM (click on my name) so that I can check this and advise you accordingly.
Please keep in mind that your freelancer will need to approve the request in order for the funds to be refunded to your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Davinder K wrote:

I hired a freelancer a month ago and it was 2 milestone project. We completed first milestone and released payment couple of weeks ago.

Now during second milestone, because of third party issue, we had to close the project and agree to reverse the first milestone payment too.

I end the contract today and thought there will be an option for refund but I dont have an option.

If the freelancer did the work for the first milestone, he or she should be paid for it. Why in the world would you even consider asking for a refund for work already done and approved?

Your "third party issue" is not the freelancer's problem and asking for rhe money back is plain wrong if the work was done.

I agree with you.

We included that in the next project and we agree on that. Situations are like that the work done is of no use and we both understand that. 

Thx for your reply

Hi Davinder,

Please share your contract ID or freelancer name with me via PM (click on my name) so that I can check this and advise you accordingly.
Please keep in mind that your freelancer will need to approve the request in order for the funds to be refunded to your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks .. Just sent the pm.

devender-garg
Community Member

Wont wanna hurt anyone. I am working with him from a while now and I am not ending everything with him.

Just asking because I have option to ask refund for similer projects which are ended but not for this one ended today.

To further clear, The third party is not "mine" in the project.

I had a issue and freelancer suggested a solution. Now he have problem with his mathod and we are cancelling. We both understand and agree without a single question.

Thanks 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths