🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Refund request
Page options
im_azeem
Community Member

Refund request

Hi Upwork team,
One of my client requested for refund request. But later the issue resolved and he released the payment and ended the contract. But the refund request is still there. I contacted with client again and he said that he had paid and had not requested any refund request. he also provided the screenshot. which i'm attaching here. Please resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thank you 🙂
Regards,
Muhammad Azeem

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Muhammad,

Unfortunately no, please follow the instructions Avery posted on how you and your client can resolve this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

Unfortunately, there's no option to cancel a refund request once it has been initiated. You as a freelancer can respond to it and decline by selecting the second option. This will then be sent to our Dispute Team. Your client will have the option to ask the team to cancel the refund request and close the dispute.

~ Avery
Upwork
im_azeem
Community Member

Is there no chance that client can cancel his refund request? Because he's
now satisfied and don't want any refund. Thanks 🙂 Regards

Hi Muhammad,

Unfortunately no, please follow the instructions Avery posted on how you and your client can resolve this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

One of my client requested for refund. But later issue solved between us because it was just a miscommunication. And client released the payment to me and after approving of payment i'd withdrawn that payment. But the refund request was still there. I posted here and got solution to reject the refund request and file a dispute because the client was agreed to withdraw that request but he did not know how to withdrawn. So i filed a dispute nwo i've received a mail from upwork which i''m attaching here. I want to ask how is it possible which i received in mail when client was happy and did not want refund. Please suggest me a solutionn what to do now?  

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you for the update Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you on your ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths