🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund request
Page options
noorali58
Community Member

Refund request

Hello, my client was hired me in April but after starting that project due to any problem some days later his profile was holded by Upwork and it's still on hold, now i got a notification for refund of escrew payment but i have given  time to his project before his profile being placed on hold so, can i dispute refund for my time which i spend for his project's searching before his profile being placed on hold? Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Noor A wrote:

yes the client was suspended because of something wrong happend with his profile and now contract has ended and refund requested so, here is no option for decribing reson for dispute but when i dispute request it directly leads me to end the contract and give reason

None really fit, might as well choose "client refused to pay"

Noor A wrote:

Lemme also want to know that if i dispute for refund and if client also dispute in return so it will affect my profile's JSS or something else about my profile or not?

No, contracts with suspended clients are excluded from your JSS calculation but it would be better if you get the money.

Noor A wrote:

also want to know that if i dispute for refund and if client also dispute in return

I believe the client would have to resolve their suspension before they wouldd be allowed to participate in the dispute. Chances are you'll never hear from her again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sbilu131521
Community Member

Hi Noor,

You can decline the refund and mention clearly why you decline the refund.

But before doing this, be sure that you did everything as per you & your client's agreement to get paid. Be honest with yourself. If you did your work great and the client asked for an unfair refund, you can decline it anytime.

Best wishes.

It looks like the client is not asking for a refund, the milestone is about to age out (Escrow funds can only be held for 90 days.)

You are free to dispute the return of the Escrow funds if the work was done.

exact you are right, but i didn;t completed work i just want to dispute for my time which have wasted on her project searchings, can i dispute for that or not? 

Noor A wrote:

exact you are right, but i didn;t completed work i just want to dispute for my time which have wasted on her project searchings, can i dispute for that or not? 

Dispute, then mention that in the dispute.

Chances are the client will not appear again anyway (in which case, if the client ignores the dispute, you'd win by default)

Be aware that if the client was suspended because of something to do with her payment method, you *may* not get the money (if the payment method was hacked or stolen for example.)

yes the client was suspended because of something wrong happend with his profile and now contract has ended and refund requested so, here is no option for decribing reson for dispute but when i dispute request it directly leads me to end the contract and give reason and feedback so which option  i need to select from given. please check screen shoot.

Lemme also want to know that if i dispute for refund and if client also dispute in return so it will affect my profile's JSS or something else about my profile or not?

Noor A wrote:

yes the client was suspended because of something wrong happend with his profile and now contract has ended and refund requested so, here is no option for decribing reson for dispute but when i dispute request it directly leads me to end the contract and give reason

None really fit, might as well choose "client refused to pay"

Noor A wrote:

No, contracts with suspended clients are excluded from your JSS calculation but it would be better if you get the money.

Noor A wrote:

also want to know that if i dispute for refund and if client also dispute in return

I believe the client would have to resolve their suspension before they wouldd be allowed to participate in the dispute. Chances are you'll never hear from her again.

Thanks for your guidance.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths