🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund
Page options
madhus4
Community Member

Refund

I worked on a project for a fixed fee project, I sent the final files and requested payment.

The client gave me a  feedback, I made the changes and sent it immediately. There was no response from the client.

After a couple of days(once I received the escrow payment automatically), the client ended the contract requesting a refund, I messaged and asked him for the reason. Even though he was online, he did not reply. Should I give a refund or dispute, not really sure what happened?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Madhumika S wrote:

After a couple of days(once I received the escrow payment automatically), the client ended the contract requesting a refund, I messaged and asked him for the reason. Even though he was online, he did not reply. Should I give a refund or dispute, not really sure what happened?

Is the client requesting a refund or some funds remaining in Escrow?

If the former I would just wait and see if the client disputes.

If the latter check if you have been paid for the work you did and there were funds left in Escrow, then take it from there.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
fanika
Community Member

I'm following

petra_r
Community Member

@Madhumika S wrote:

Is the client requesting a refund or some funds remaining in Escrow?

If the former I would just wait and see if the client disputes.

If the latter check if you have been paid for the work you did and there were funds left in Escrow, then take it from there.

madhus4
Community Member

Since the 14days passed, the amount from escrow was automatically transferred to my account. I guess I will wait to see if the client disputes..

It's a small amount I don't mind refunding, but as a courtesy, the client should have atleast told me the reason or discussed something.

Thanks Petra!:D:D

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Should I give a refund or dispute, not really sure what happened?"

No, you should not agree to the refund.

You did the work. You sent the work.

It was immoral and irresponsible of the client to ask for a refund. It sounds as though he is just clicking a button to see if he can get money back, without regard for you as an actual person.

Thank you! I felt that way as well, I am not going to agree to the refund until he gives me a reason.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths