🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Refund
Page options
nugle
Community Member

Refund

Hello.

The client and I completed the project and exchanged excellent reviews. But I accidentally returned the money to him.

The client says that the money was not returned to him. Where to look for money? How to post client's review?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

What makes you think that you refunded the money? It would be pretty difficult to do that accidentally. Was this a fixed price project, or hourly?

Your review will show up automatically, though it doesn't usually happen immediately; you don't have to do anything to "post" it. Try making a small edit to your profile (you can change it back again right after) and then it should appear.

petra_r
Community Member

Mikhail D wrote:

The client and I completed the project and exchanged excellent reviews. But I accidentally returned the money to him.

How exactly do you "accidentally" return the money to the client???

Mikhail D wrote:

Hello.

The client says that the money was not returned to him. Where to look for money? How to post client's review?

Thanks.

The review doesn't show because now the contract counts as "nothing paid" and won't show on your profile at all.

The client will have to pay you again using the bonus function on the closed contract, once the funds have returned to their client account. This can take a few days.

To avoid future embarrassment and inconveniencing clients, try not to click on things you don't understand. It's actually quite a process to send the funds back to a client, and to have done so "accidentally" involved active disregard of the entire process.

Petra R wrote:

The review doesn't show because now the contract counts as "nothing paid" and won't show on your profile at all.

The client will have to pay you again using the bonus function on the closed contract, once the funds have returned to their client account. This can take a few days.

My guess is that he didn't refund the money, the payment just isn't available yet. Best not to ask the client for a bonus, if that's the case. 🙂

nugle
Community Member

Returned by "give a refund".  6 days have passed.

Will the money be returned to the card or to the upwork's balance? 

Thanks.

petra_r
Community Member

Mikhail D wrote:

Returned by "give a refund".  6 days have passed.

Again, the question is how you did that "accidentally?"

The client should see the refund in their transaction history.

nugle
Community Member

Again, the question is how you did that "accidentally?"

The client should see the refund in their transaction history.

Thanks for the reply.

I clicked the "Give a refund" button(

"The client should see the refund in their transaction history."

On card? Because he sees the transaction on upwork, but does not see money anywhere

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths