cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
11 of 21
lol I have no idea what you mean either. You understand the concept of a failed charge right?

Have a clue from me: if the client is all "sure charge as much as you want hue hue hue" he's scamming you. They play on your greed and desperation.
Community Leader
Joseph G Member Since: Nov 26, 2014
12 of 21

What i mean is that, upwork has this feature known as "Manual Time"
My question is, when do upwork is allowing this feature to be used safely?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 21

Joseph, you logged that time and when Upwork tried to charge the client the charge did not go through. Look at the original job posting, the client's account is showing as unverified payment method and I bet your contract with them is also on hold, right?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
14 of 21

Hi Joseph,

You can learn more about our Hourly Protection for Freelancers on this Help Article

Untitled
Community Guru
15 of 21
I have 1000+ hours of manual time but I also follow a strict rule book that would make most sjw cry.
Community Leader
16 of 21

Hi people, you are not answering my very important question,
What is the work of "Manual time"?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 21

@Joseph G wrote:

That question does not make any sense but let me take a complete stab in the dark....

when I use manual time au know fully well that I am not protected in case the client fails to pay or disputes.

it tells me this while I am adding manual time., quite clearly.

So adding 40 hours of manual time is a risk, and it backfired on you when your client failed to pay Upwork for the hours you worked or disputed (presumably you would have mentioned a dispute had there been one?)

you must SURELY know that there is an issue with that client as you will have been alerted that the contract is on hold?? 

Community Leader
18 of 21

Petra you are allowed not to answer any question that does not make sence. Otherwise i understand how important it is from my side. Otherwise thank you for your help.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
19 of 21

@Joseph G wrote:

Manual time is the number of hours you enter WITHOUT using Time Tracker.

Tracker is used for hourly jobs. It takes screen shots of your computer screen. That shows a client that you are working and that  you are working on their job. In addition to that, you would need to document (type notes) for each screen shot. If you do those 2 things Upwork guarantees you will be paid for the hours you put in even if something goes wrong with a clients account, or they stop communication with you and disappear. If that happens, Upwork will "make good" what's owed to you.

Manual time is time you just enter in. There is no screen shots, The client does not really know if you are working or if you are really working on their job. Because there's no proof, other then what you type in, there is no guarantee that you will get paid. The client can dispute manual hours and they will automatically win and won't have to pay you. The client's account many have problems, and you won't get paid, The client can disappear and you won't get paid. And because  you didn't use tracker and document the screen shots, those "manual" hours, which you "claim" you worked are not guaranteed by Upwork. So, if a client doesn't pay you, neither will Upwork.

Community Guru
20 of 21
Because nobody knows what you're asking.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS