🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund
Page options
cmdcodemaster
Community Member

Refund

The client and me did not finisj the second milestone. The 14 days approval came and upwork automatically approved the milestone and fund got released, but I want to give refund to my client. Can I refund it? And does the client can leave feedback or not?
Thanks gurus and community
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sajib Hosen S wrote:

Upwork never release payment automatically if you have not submit req for payment. Yes, you can refund it, but need to clients refund request. Then you could approve the refund. 

Nonsense.

Approval WAS requested, that is why the milestone WAS released automatically. It does NOT require a refund request from the client.

John wrote:

Can I refund it?

Yes, just go to the contract and process a refund if there is a good reason for doing so.

John wrote:

And does the client can leave feedback or not?

Yes. If anything was paid under the contract at all, the client will be able to leave private and public feedback.

If nothing was paid at all (you refund both the first and the second milestone, in full) the client will only be able to leave private feedback.

Either way, it will have an effect on your already terribly low JSS (Job Success Score.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
shantoctbpi
Community Member

Upwork never release payment automatically if you have not submit req for payment. Yes, you can refund it, but need to clients refund request. Then you could approve the refund. 

Sajib Hosen S wrote:

Nonsense.

Approval WAS requested, that is why the milestone WAS released automatically. It does NOT require a refund request from the client.

John wrote:

Can I refund it?

Yes, just go to the contract and process a refund if there is a good reason for doing so.

John wrote:

And does the client can leave feedback or not?

Yes. If anything was paid under the contract at all, the client will be able to leave private and public feedback.

If nothing was paid at all (you refund both the first and the second milestone, in full) the client will only be able to leave private feedback.

Either way, it will have an effect on your already terribly low JSS (Job Success Score.)

cmdcodemaster
Community Member

You are very helpful Petra. Thank you so much
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members