🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund
Page options
b7d66863
Community Member

Refund

Hello,

Let's say i have a client that wants to use some cloud service to deliver some business values to his company, so we opened a contract and after some searching and trials to achieve that, turns out that this can't be achieved with this cloud service and we are in a situation where we need to close the contract

Following that up, I have 2 questions, first can we give refunds for the funded milestones only or for the approved ones as well ?, second, howwould that affect my job sucess score or my rising talent badge,
And in such a case where that would affect me, what is the wise thing to do ? is there something i should ask the client to do for me so that nothing affects my JSS

Thanks,
Youssef

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Youssef M wrote:

Hello,

Let's say i have a client that wants to use some cloud service to deliver some business values to his company, so we opened a contract and after some searching and trials to achieve that, turns out that this can't be achieved with this cloud service and we are in a situation where we need to close the contract

Following that up, I have 2 questions, first can we give refunds for the funded milestones only or for the approved ones as well ?, second, howwould that affect my job sucess score or my rising talent badge,
And in such a case where that would affect me, what is the wise thing to do ? is there something i should ask the client to do for me so that nothing affects my JSS

You "can" refund everything (including approved milestones) but contracts that end with nothing paid generally have a negative effect on the JSS (you have no Rising Talent badge because you have a JSS so that is irreleveant)

If you have done a significant amount of work I would suggest you keep some of the money (so there isn't a "nothing paid" contract. Any effect on your JSS will depend on the feedback from the client alone in that case.

As you are top rated you have access to the Feedback Removal perk just in case.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Youssef M wrote:

Hello,

You "can" refund everything (including approved milestones) but contracts that end with nothing paid generally have a negative effect on the JSS (you have no Rising Talent badge because you have a JSS so that is irreleveant)

If you have done a significant amount of work I would suggest you keep some of the money (so there isn't a "nothing paid" contract. Any effect on your JSS will depend on the feedback from the client alone in that case.

As you are top rated you have access to the Feedback Removal perk just in case.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths