🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refund
Page options
archfaisal
Community Member

Refund

Hello, 

I had a refund request from a client for a fixed job due to some reasons. 
I received a request for the return of funds from the client's side and As I had already done the work for the client and submitted all the files it was not fair for me to approve his return. So instead of approving or rejecting the escrow return request, I forgot to respond to it, and Upwork automatically approved my escrow return request which I really didn't want to. Currently, I don't have any money in my Upwork account but the escrow return request shows as approved. What should I do in this will my money will get deducted when I received it for some other work and go to this return request or do I have to especially pay the client. 
It was unintentionally done I do not want to approve the client's request for a return

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "So instead of approving or rejecting the escrow return request, I forgot to respond to it"

That's okay.

Next time, I'm sure you won't forget.

petra_r
Community Member

Faisal K wrote:

Hello, 

I forgot to respond to it, and Upwork automatically approved my escrow return request which I really didn't want to. 

By doing nothing, you approved the request to return the escrow fees.

Faisal K wrote:

will my money will get deducted when I received it for some other work and go to this return request or do I have to especially pay the client. 

No, of course not. The client asked for their escrow funds back (NOT for money they paid you. Only money that was still in escrow) and when you didn't respond, that money (the money in escrow) was returned to the client. The client has the money they wanted back. That means that this is over, You don't owe the client anything and the client doesn't owe you anything.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members