🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refunding a contract & number of jobs done st...
Page options
a78d9a4d
Community Member

Refunding a contract & number of jobs done still counts

Hello everyone and hope you are doing great.

I am requesting for answers to this simple questions.

1. Does refunding a contract that is already ended affect jss

2. Why is the refunded contracts still counting on profile when searching profile through search engines.

3. Why i can't  Get invites, just check my profile and advice on the things remaining to optimize.

Regards 

Duncan.

1 REPLY 1
759e32fa

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'll be more than happy to help you with your queries!

1. If you refund the full amount to the client, the contract will not be shown on your profile as well as their public feedback. However, the clients will still be able to leave private feedback which has a direct impact on your JSS

2. The removal of the public feedback on your profile will be processed within 24-48 hours as long as you were able to refund the full amount.

3. Please know that we are not privy to how clients choose the freelancers they're sending invites to. I would recommend a few things that might help you in getting noticed by clients. 

You may want to consider creating specialized profiles to make your profile more attractive to clients. With specialized profiles, you can tailor your unique skills to your audience on Upwork and create variations of your profile that showcase your experience within specific categories. The specialized profile will help increase your profile views and get more jobs because when clients filter their search results by specific skills, only freelancers who have relevant specialized profiles will appear.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

We also highly encourage you to continue to work to become a Top-Rated or Top Rated Plus Freelancer once you get enough recent work history. Having these badges in your profile will increase your invite and hire rate.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps!

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members