cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunding a part of approved budget in the Escrow.. affects JJS?

hajvanho
Ace Contributor
Nikola R Member Since: Sep 13, 2017
11 of 17

Ah.. the joy of being punished for 5$ job and playing by the rules, lovely Upwork. Should have handled that one on my own Smiley Very Happy

Would the before mentioned top-rated status help me out with this, that perk for removing feedback every 3 months?

I think not since the job would be close on my part and not by the client/automatically... but still, I guess it is best to check with someone more experienced. Smiley Happy

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 17

If you were top rated and had not used the perk then of course you could use it IF YOU HAD to.

Alas, you aren't so you can't. Why not wait to see if it DOES affect you first? It clearly hasn't so far.

hajvanho
Ace Contributor
13 of 17

At the moment, I am at 13 (Hopefully 14 after tomorrow) out of 16 weeks for the Top Rated status with the only left requirement being to have earnings of at least 1000$ in the last year, correct?

So I was thinking - Get the top-rated thing... and then close both of the inactive contracts [I have two]. Would that cripple me, what do you think? Smiley Very Happy

Btw, thank you very much for answering all of my questions. I appreciate it a lot! Smiley Happy

petra_r
Community Guru
14 of 17

@Nikola R wrote:

At the moment, I am at 13 (Hopefully 14 after tomorrow) out of 16 weeks for the Top Rated status with the only left requirement being to have earnings of at least 1000$ in the last year, correct?

So I was thinking - Get the top-rated thing... and then close both of the inactive contracts [I have two]. Would that cripple me, what do you think? Smiley Very Happy

This is what I would do:

1. Wait until you are top rated.
  2. Close the older one of the two
  3. Get some more contracts and finish them successfully
  4. See if closing one has any effect on your JSS
  5. If no, leave it be, finish some more contracts
  6. Then close the other
  7. Wait and see if that has a significant impact.
  8. If No, leave it be (and save your perk for a real disaster)
  9. If yes, use your perk.

hajvanho
Ace Contributor
15 of 17

I agree. Smiley Happy

The only thing I might alter is to leave the second contract run past the 3 months mark because I can see that the client has a lot of contracts with no feedback left. That should come in handy if it gets automatically closed (I think).

Once more, thank you very much Petra for all of your answers and suggestions. Much appreciated. Smiley Happy

petra_r
Community Guru
16 of 17

@Nikola R wrote:

I agree. Smiley Happy

The only thing I might alter is to leave the second contract run past the 3 months mark because I can see that the client has a lot of contracts with no feedback left. That should come in handy if it gets automatically closed (I think).

It won't be automatically closed unless there are funds in Escrow

hajvanho
Ace Contributor
17 of 17

Well, I was living in an illusion. I thought it gets closed after 90 days of idle status no matter what.

Thanks for pointing that out. Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS