🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refunding due to unclear Job description
Page options
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Refunding due to unclear Job description

Hi, I was invited to a job and I was hired eventually, and he activated a milestone. After I did the work according to the description, the client told me that he wants the file in another format. I realized that he wants something far from my speciality and he didn't state that in the description (Probably he was confused). 

So now I'd like to know how could I get away from that situation without affecting my JSS or Profile, even if I will end up fully refunding him. 
Will refunding affect my JSS, knowing that the money is in the escrow?

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Will refunding affect my JSS, knowing that the money is in the escrow?"

Having a zero-pay contract will probably have a negative impact on your JSS.

re: "So now I'd like to know how could I get away from that situation without affecting my JSS or Profile, even if I will end up fully refunding him."

If you have earned nothing on this contract, then this job will NOT appear in your job hisory. So in that sense, it will not affect your profile page.

Is there something that you can do so that you do not do this job, and it does not have any negative impact on JSS?

I don't think so. The right thing for you to do is to close the contract, refund the escrow money to the client, and then do great work on jobs that you are a great fit for, so that you recover from any dip in JSS.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Will refunding affect my JSS, knowing that the money is in the escrow?"

Having a zero-pay contract will probably have a negative impact on your JSS.

re: "So now I'd like to know how could I get away from that situation without affecting my JSS or Profile, even if I will end up fully refunding him."

If you have earned nothing on this contract, then this job will NOT appear in your job hisory. So in that sense, it will not affect your profile page.

Is there something that you can do so that you do not do this job, and it does not have any negative impact on JSS?

I don't think so. The right thing for you to do is to close the contract, refund the escrow money to the client, and then do great work on jobs that you are a great fit for, so that you recover from any dip in JSS.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Just be honest with the client.

Next time manage expectations. Confirm the file format BEFORE accepting the job. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members