🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Refunds of connects
Page options
meowyn
Community Member

Refunds of connects

Hi.

I have been applying to jobs and I have seen that some of them have been closed. As I read in the community forum, a lot of replying freelancers say that it is only refunded if the job is closed without hiring someone. So, yeah, there has been no refunds for me. These jobs were quite new and I always check, at least hourly, if they interviewed or hired someone. So, as I know that they haven't actually hired anyone, where are the connects? Is this a feature for the monthly freelancer subscriber stuff? Can you enlighten me?

Regards.
3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Halis M. Y wrote:
Hi.

I have been applying to jobs and I have seen that some of them have been closed. As I read in the community forum, a lot of replying freelancers say that it is only refunded if the job is closed without hiring someone. So, yeah, there has been no refunds for me. These jobs were quite new and I always check, at least hourly, if they interviewed or hired someone. So, as I know that they haven't actually hired anyone, where are the connects? Is this a feature for the monthly freelancer subscriber stuff? Can you enlighten me?

Regards.

They are only refunded if the are closed by the client without hire, or by upwork due to ToS violation. They are not refunded when a job expires after 30 days of inactivity. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "These jobs were quite new and I always check, at least hourly, if they interviewed or hired someone. "

Don't check.

Once you apply to a job, forget about it.

It has nothing to do with you.

If the client wants to talk to you, he will send an invitation and it is at that point that you start paying attention.

What I meant by checking is that I know they haven't hired someone... They have been closed recently so I was wondering why there has been no refunds. Thanks for the replies.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members