🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Refunds to Contract over 180 Days/ Financ...
Page options
paulacoleoabayon
Community Member

Refunds to Contract over 180 Days/ Financial Account Limited

Hi! I worked for a client for an easy data entry contract in which he was satisfied. He offered me another contract with 10 hours maximum limit. Although I admit the job requires more than 10 hours, I exceeded the max hours in order to provide him with the output. On like 80-85% of the process, I caught Coronavirus (pretty much after my wedding) in which I wasn't able to work, and touched base with him for days or weeks. He asked for a refund even though my work hours posted have been consistent with my Upwork Diary. 

He filed for a dispute and asked me to refund the whole amount. I really don't want to agree but I was thinking of my JSS which was previously 100% and I'm also part of the Top Rated community and out of frustrations, I agreed. Now, I am able to work but it has passed the 180 days period. How do I refund him using my Upwork balance? Upwork has suspended my financial transactions. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Paula Cole,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you. I hope that you are feeling better now. I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members