🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Refunds with no Feedback hurt JSS?
Page options
humberto-ventura
Community Member

Refunds with no Feedback hurt JSS?

Hi.I had a client that out of the blue (literally) asked me for a refund (with the job nearly done) and provided me with no feedback at all. Furthemore the contract was closed due to "inactivity" which is strange since last conversation was less than 15 days ago (May30).

As far as I know the client was ill and asked me to wait. Now this happens. What do I do now?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Humberto V wrote:

Hi.I had a client that out of the blue (literally) asked me for a refund (with the job nearly done) and provided me with no feedback at all. 

Fixed rate contracts with money in escrow can only stay open for 90 days since the excrow has been funded. Has it been that long?

In that case it is not the client asking for a refund, it's the automatic process when a contract is closed-

If there were no previous milestones, then yes, it probly will hurt your JSS.

Humberto V wrote:

Furthemore the contract was closed due to "inactivity" which is strange since last conversation was less than 15 days ago (May30).

"Activity" means payment or milestone submission. Never accept a contract if you can't finish the first milestone inside of 2 months. 

The client can make that outcome harmless by making a payment (as a bonus) on the closed contract.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Humberto V wrote:

Hi.I had a client that out of the blue (literally) asked me for a refund (with the job nearly done) and provided me with no feedback at all. 

Fixed rate contracts with money in escrow can only stay open for 90 days since the excrow has been funded. Has it been that long?

In that case it is not the client asking for a refund, it's the automatic process when a contract is closed-

If there were no previous milestones, then yes, it probly will hurt your JSS.

Humberto V wrote:

Furthemore the contract was closed due to "inactivity" which is strange since last conversation was less than 15 days ago (May30).

"Activity" means payment or milestone submission. Never accept a contract if you can't finish the first milestone inside of 2 months. 

The client can make that outcome harmless by making a payment (as a bonus) on the closed contract.

well, yes. But the work process demanded more than 90 days for several reasons. Maybe the contract should have beem made by milestones.

Humberto V wrote:

well, yes. But the work process demanded more than 90 days for several reasons. Maybe the contract should have beem made by milestones.

Yes. Anything that takes more than a month needs to be chopped into milestones. For many reasons. This is one of them.

Thanks. I will contact the client.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths