🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Refusal of Client to aprove payment
Page options
8b7bde55
Community Member

Refusal of Client to aprove payment

I would Prefer if Upwork Releases payment from escrow after 7 days If the client doesn't approve. I feel 14 days is too long. I'm currently stucked because my client hasn't approved even after he agreed he's satisfied with my work

2 REPLIES 2
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Oyetunde,

For you as a freelancer, you think it is a very long time. For clients, it is a reasonable amount of time to review the work.

Let's say that Upwork agreed to your suggestion and money is released after only 7 days. You will find another post wishing that it becomes only 2 days and so on. 

Most of the clients approve the payment once they are satisfied with the work.

If you weren't lucky to deal with these clients, you can politely remind them to release the funds, close the contract, and leave feedback if they want.

Or just press the "submit the work for payment" button and forget about it and try to apply for other jobs, then funds will be released after 14 days.

Wish you the best of luck 

a_lipsey
Community Member

Oyetunde T wrote:

I would Prefer if Upwork Releases payment from escrow after 7 days If the client doesn't approve. I feel 14 days is too long. I'm currently stucked because my client hasn't approved even after he agreed he's satisfied with my work

If you were dealing with clients outside of Upwork, you'd have to wait even longer. Most clients pay on a 30 day basis in the real world. Upwork is actually getting you your money faster. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths