🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Regading my upwork review.
Page options
gauravmandhotra
Community Member

Regading my upwork review.

my first click give me 3 star review. but that was not right because i completed my work properly and submit my work. he not say about my work and he give me bad review. i think this is not right think. it effect on my upwork profile. it show my bad impresion to client, i need to talk about it.

thank you

16 REPLIES 16
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "i need to talk about it."

Gaurav:

You are absolutely in the right place!

The Community Forum is THE VERY BEST PLACE to to talk about all things Upwork.

You got a review that wasn't perfect. You are feeling disappointed.

YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT to feel disappointed.

But don't let this one experience defeat you permanently.

Here are some tips:

Accept this feedback. It was sincere feedback.

Learn what you can from this feedback.

Click on the star rating and look at the breakdown. The average star rating is actually the result of the client rating you in six different categories. What were you rates high in? What were you rated low in? What can you do to improve?

Feel free to ask us any questions that you have. We love to chat. You might read things in the Forum which make you feel worse. Temporarily.  But once you come to understand more... you will achieve greater success.

can upwork remove this form my profile or i can do something. because i'm new on upwork and i have no idea what i can do after this. because this is not right.

that is not my falt. client not repond he not say anything about work.

Gaurav M wrote:

can upwork remove this form my profile or i can do something. because i'm new on upwork and i have no idea what i can do after this. because this is not right.

No. Do a search in the forums for "unfair review" and you'll see that many other freelancers also don't agree with their clients about their work performance. But, the client is allowed to share their opinion in their review. So, you will have to accept that if you want to use the Upwork platform. 

lysis10
Community Member

Every client who doesn't give me all 5 stars and tell me I'm a queen is wrong and their rating should be removed.

re: "Can Upwork remove this from my profile?"

No. Upwork is not going to remove this from your profile.

re: "...or can I do something?"

If you refund all of the money that you received from this contract, then this job and all feedback associated with it and all mention of it will disappear from your public profile page.

re: "...because I'm new on Upwork and i have no idea what i can do after this."

If you had received feedback on 50 different jobs before, you probably wouldn't care about one middling review. Because it would kind of be buried among so many other reviews... But you are correct in pointing out that because you only have two reviews on your profile right now, this one middling review stands out more.

Only YOU can make the decision about whether or not you should refund the money for this contract in order to get that review off of your profile page. You have another very good, very positive review with written feedback. I believe that if you applied to jobs you are highly qualified for, you could get hired and do well WITHOUT refunding that 3-star job. But maybe you WOULD do better overall in terms of getting started more quickly if you refunded that job. I don't think anybody here could say for sure.

We often tell freelancers that they come here to work for MONEY. They are not here for stars.

But: That is easier for somebody like me (who has completed hundreds of jobs) to say... I am not in the position of trying to get started from the very beginning.

re: "because this is not right."

You are correct. The 3-star feedback you received IS NOT RIGHT.

But ALSO: It is very accurate.

Both statements are true.

re: "That is not my fault."

You are correct. The problems with the project were not your fault.

But also: The problems with the project WERE your fault.

Both statements are true.

re: "The client not respond. He did not say anything about my work."

Clients are not obligated to respond to freelancers.

Clients are not obligated to discuss the quality of the freelancer's work with the freelancer.

But did the client REALLY not say anything about your work?
I am not convinced that this is true.

I think that the feedback the client gave when he closed the project is a very important and significant way of saying something about your work. If that feedback doesn't say anything about your work... if that feedback doesn't mean anything, then why does this thread exist?

i got my payment after more than half month. if he have any issue in work then he can say that with me.i'm skilled person and i have good knowledge of my field.

Gaurav M wrote:

i got my payment after more than half month. if he have any issue in work then he can say that with me.i'm skilled person and i have good knowledge of my field.

That's not how feedback works. Besides, if the client told you they had a problem, you would still be arguing with them. Sometimes clients just want to pay for a job and move on with their lives. 

What you need to learn from this is that every single client you enter into a contract with gets to leave a review about you. You don't get to argue with them, you don't get to erase them.

Prospective clients don't want to read about how great you think you are, they want to find out how your previous clients rated your work. If you don't want reviews, you don't want to work here. 

If you don't want future clients to be able to see the rating, you can issue a full refund on the contract. That will make the job and its rating no longer show on your work history. However, the review will still impact your JSS. (It is possible that you contracted with someone who is hoping that a bad review will get them a refund. You must be careful who you agree to work with.) 

Gaurav:

You are 100% correct about this.

But... you are also completely wrong.

That is the nature of reviews.

They are subjective.

If you believe that the review you received is wrong... You ARE correct. Your opinion IS VALID.
But the client is also entitled to his opinion.

Upwork respects both viewpoints.

IN FACT...

The feedback that YOU gave the client IS ALSO ON THE WEBSITE.

If you would like to talk to us here in the Forum about why you think that the feedback you received was incorrect, you may indeed do that.

If you want to maximize your earnings on Upwork, I advise you to truly EMBRACE the less-than-perfect feedback you receive from clients, and learn from it.

If you receive a "perfect five" score... Ignore it. It DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING.

The only scores that you should pay attention to are the scores that are LESS THAN PERFECT. Because THOSE clients took the time to actually think about the score that they were giving to you.

When you receive a less than perfect score, you should not try to change THAT score. You should STUDY that score and try to change the NEXT score.

he not say anything. i not argue with client. if he was not happy with my work atlest they can tell if they want to refund then they can ask for refund. i don't need that type of client money. it effact on freelancer profile for future. if they want to chance contract then need to tell with freelancer. upwork release payment after 15 day if client not responding of freelance message. what i can do if client not responde our message. and after payment the spoile freelancer profile. for which profile they worked very hard.

my review option not open after giving his review there is not option for my feedback. it should open for me also if i want to submit my review later. its freelance right to know about client. is this also right?

**Edited for community guidelines**

i'm not saying there should option for remove review but atlest upwork suppor team should check review if freelanceer request to check review and remove that review manually beacause review is more important this thing as compare to money for freelancer. i think that is fare for freelancer. 

Gaurav:

The client hired you to do some work.

You did the work.

The client paid you for that work.

The client left honest feedback.

The client was acting in an honest, professional manner.

The client has done nothing wrong here.

It would be inappropriate for you to contact the client any further.

You may not ask Upwork to remove this feedback.

You must now decide between these two options:
a) keep the money; work hard and soon this less-than-stellar feedback will be buried beneath all the great feedback you receive from new jobs

b) refund all of the money associated with this contract; the feedback and all reference to this job will disappear from your public profile page

if i not reply your message to  more than 15 day. that is also profession manner?

that is wastage of freelancer time. and also they not release payment themself. upwork release payment because they are not responding my message. 

what are you saying man

i completed my work after this they want to refund his money we can refund that money. atlest they should reply message of freelancer. this concept is totaly wrong upwork need to work on it for impove this type of problem which freelancer face.

Gaurav, users can't leave feedback for other users after 14 days have passed since the contract was closed, this is to avoid situations such as yours, where one party wants to leave pure revenge feedback.

Clients also don't have to discuss why they were unhappy with freelancers and Upwork absolutely will not get involved in any squabbles over feedback.

This happened back in early October last year. Why the sudden hysteria now, almost 5 months later?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths