🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Regarding Agency Profile
Page options
sunny_woosper
Community Member

Regarding Agency Profile

Hello Guys,

Hope you are doing well!

I would like to discuss something with you as you all are professional and having good experience in Upwork platform.

Actually, My Upwork freelancer profile is created by an agency one year ago. I worked on this profile for 8 months associated with someone agency. After 8 months I leaved that agency and plan to do individual work as a full time freelancer.

On that time I have three running projects in my profile, so agency moved all that projects to other profiles and they give back my Upwork profile for individual. That’s fine.

I am using my individual profile since two months, but the agency is still pinging my clients and all the messages are showing in my Upwork profile. 

I did not understand why this is happening? Even I removed the agency from my profile and now this is a full time individual Upwork profile with the name of me.

Is agency having the rights to send the messages for client? Or should I complaint to Upwork legal department for this?

I don't want to involve agency no more because I resigned from that agency three months ago and I also removed that agency from my Upwork profile then why they are sending the messages to my clients and all these messages are showing. This will definitely impact the bad impressions for my clients.

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Sunny D wrote:

Is agency having the rights to send the messages for client? Or should I complaint to Upwork legal department for this?

If those client relationships were originally forged under the agency, the agency still has access to the relevant work rooms, and there is nothing to complain about, let alone to any "legal department"

Sunny D wrote:

This will definitely impact the bad impressions for my clients.

It doesn't, and they can't contact any of "your" clients, only those who they got for you when you worked under the agency. Therefor such clients are as much "theirs" as they are "yours."

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members