🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Regarding Faster Payouts For Bangladeshi Top ...
Page options
russell933
Community Member

Regarding Faster Payouts For Bangladeshi Top Rated Freelancers

Hi Folks,

This is Shahidul, a Bangladeshi freelancer. Being a Top-Rated Plus freelancer, I am sharing my views and concerns on Upwork's faster payouts for Top-Rated Plus freelancers on hourly projects.

First, I would like to thank the Upwork team for providing us this awesome opportunity to receive our hard-earned money into our local bank accounts a few days earlier. I hugely appreciate your great initiative.

To get most of this initiative Upwork should consider that here in Bangladesh our weekly holidays are Friday and Saturday when all banks are closed. This faster payout system allows us to withdrawal our funds, not before Friday morning (Just after Upwork makes funds available and finishes the payment processing) at 9 am Bangladesh time which means our local banks are closed. We have to wait another 2 days (Friday and Saturday) until local banks open on Sunday. This is how we are not getting the full advantage of this faster payout opportunity but losing 2 days so instead of getting funds 5 days earlier we are getting 3 days earlier in reality. This hampers Upwork's great cause of a faster payout significantly. The main objective of this opportunity is to encourage more freelancers to become top-rated through their hard work and the quality of the work they possess.

What Upwork can do is that if they can make this faster payment available1 more day earlier, we, the Bangladeshi freelancers can benefit a lot. My point here is that instead of making payments available each Friday morning (Bangladesh Time) Upwork can make it available on Thursday morning (Bangladesh Time) as local banks here transfer funds electronically into bank accounts on the same day. It is a same-day payment process completely. Thus, we can benefit and make the most out of this great initiative by Upwork.

My request to the concerned Upwork department is that please make our Top-Rated hourly funds available each Thursday morning instead of Friday thus your cause will be completely fulfilled. I hope this makes sense and Upwork will listen to us as always. Thank you!

Best,
Shahidul

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Shahidul,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'll make sure to share it with the team so they can consider it. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LuiggiR

Hi Shahidul,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'll make sure to share it with the team so they can consider it. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

Thank you for your assistance. Sometimes it takes up to Tuesday or Wednesday to receive a fund which we withdraw on Friday morning Bangladesh time. This is how we are not getting the full benefit of this great initiative by Upwork.

Looking forward to seeing a good solution to this issue. Thanks again Luiggi. 

Best,

Shahidul

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members