🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Regarding Inactive Client
Page options
nhakhand
Community Member

Regarding Inactive Client

In some cases job poster is not active after posting the job.It is not beneficial for both Upwork and Contractor  to wait for a month-long  hiring process.After one month freelancer gets connect when none is hired or job poster cancel the  job.I think Upwork  can make a rule for Client (job poster)  to recruit contractors within 7-10 Days.Contractors  can use returned connects and may be hired if client fails to recruit  within the deadline..

19 REPLIES 19
petra_r
Community Member

Nazmul A wrote:

In some cases job poster is not active after posting the job.It is not beneficial for both Upwork and Contractor  to wait for a month-long  hiring process.After one month freelancer gets connect when none is hired or job poster cancel the  job.I think Upwork  can make a rule for Client (job poster)  to recruit contractors within 7-10 Days.Contractors  can use returned connects and may be hired if client fails to recruit  within the deadline..

Same suggestion you made 3 months ago. It hasn't improved since.

yitwail
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Nazmul A wrote:

Actually, it was 15 months ago, but nothing's changed regardless.

John K wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Nazmul A wrote:

Actually, it was 15 months ago, but nothing's changed regardless.

Ooops, lol, indeed

But yes, bad ideas are not like wine, they don't improve with age...

israttaj
Community Member

It's unethical on the client's part. We need a proper solution for this issue and are drawing the attention of Upwork executives. Thanks
sohag12525
Community Member

Nazmul A wrote:

kibria_raihan
Community Member

I think this is not a bad idea. It's a perfect solution for the hiring process to set up a specific deadline and also if upwrok make a rules like " a specific charge for every job posting" for clients, Then I think it will be working good for contractors and clients and will save time for everyone.  And Fake job posting will not be posted anymore.

Raihan K wrote:

if upwrok make a rules like " a specific charge for every job posting" for clients, Then I think it will be working good for contractors and clients and will save time for everyone. 

Sure, it will save time for everyone because there would be very few jobs posted, the platform would fail and everyone would never have to use it again.

regurgitating appallingly bad ideas  over and over again does not change the fact that they are appallingly bad ideas.

Raihan K wrote:

And Fake job posting will not be posted anymore.

Correct. No fake jobs, no real jobs, no jobs at all.

So Petra R, you feel that an upwork site filled with many inactive or fake projects is better than an upwork site with less fake projects listed, but (therefore) less projects listed overall? In what circumstance is having a high volume of fake or dead projects beneficial?

Allen Craig S wrote:

So Petra R, you feel that an upwork site filled with many inactive or fake projects is better than an upwork site with less fake projects listed, but (therefore) less projects listed overall? In what circumstance is having a high volume of fake or dead projects beneficial?

I never said that.

I said that charging clients to post jobs would result in virtually no jobs being posted at all and the platform folding. 

Just because clients don't hire for a specific job post, does not mean the clients or the job posts were fake anyway.

Raihan K wrote:

I think this is not a bad idea. It's a perfect solution for the hiring process to set up a specific deadline and also if upwrok make a rules like " a specific charge for every job posting" for clients, Then I think it will be working good for contractors and clients and will save time for everyone.  And Fake job posting will not be posted anymore.

If you really feel that this is a good idea, there are already some job websites that charge the clients to post a project. I recently checked out one such website and they get only one or two posts per day, so it would definitely save you a lot of time.

Raihan K wrote:

So when the hiring deadline passed, the job would be closed, the client would be unable to proceed and the freelancers he was considering would lose out on the job? 

novelty_design
Community Member

I just started a project that we talked about in late March. A large proportion of the projects I have bid on have taken over two weeks to award. A month is common - as is no contact for several weeks after posting. Sometimes, I've delayed as I can't fit them in.

The waiting has been more than beneficial for me.

I don’t mind waiting. It’s the fact that most jobs don’t get filled at all that is bothersome. Nobody wants to flood a client with proposals, but with hardly any jobs getting filled, it leads to freelancers flooding clients with proposals. You are hoping to find the few clients willing to close the deal.

Michelle T wrote:
I don’t mind waiting. It’s the fact that most jobs don’t get filled at all that is bothersome. Nobody wants to flood a client with proposals, but with hardly any jobs getting filled, it leads to freelancers flooding clients with proposals. You are hoping to find the few clients willing to close the deal.

A lot of us who do well here have found that highly selective bidding achieves that goal far better than flooding the market.

re: "...but with hardly any jobs getting filled..."

I am not sure you are in a position to know that.

You don't see all of the jobs that are getting filled.
Such as the jobs that are posted only as private invites.

And the jobs that are posted for a very short time, and taken down once filled by one of the first respondents.

Well, when I look at the percentage of jobs that I applied for that were actually filled, it is very low. Anyone can find that out by looking at their archives.

rabu_rabeya
Community Member

Honorable Upwork Team, Please take proper action against this issue. I think If you solve this unethical problem, you won't be looser because you are not getting any charge from those unhired job posts. Thanks

Hi Rabeya, 

Thank you for participating in this thread. I would like to note that this is a thread from May 2019, but I understand that this is still a relevant topic to freelancers of Upwork. I would like to note that job posts that have been inactive for 30-days are automatically closed by the Upwork team. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths