Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Regarding Inactive Client

Active Member
Nazmul A Member Since: Oct 30, 2010
1 of 16

In some cases job poster is not active after posting the job.It is not beneficial for both Upwork and Contractor  to wait for a month-long  hiring process.After one month freelancer gets connect when none is hired or job poster cancel the  job.I think Upwork  can make a rule for Client (job poster)  to recruit contractors within 7-10 Days.Contractors  can use returned connects and may be hired if client fails to recruit  within the deadline..

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 16

Nazmul A wrote:

In some cases job poster is not active after posting the job.It is not beneficial for both Upwork and Contractor  to wait for a month-long  hiring process.After one month freelancer gets connect when none is hired or job poster cancel the  job.I think Upwork  can make a rule for Client (job poster)  to recruit contractors within 7-10 Days.Contractors  can use returned connects and may be hired if client fails to recruit  within the deadline..


Same suggestion you made 3 months ago. It hasn't improved since.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 16

Petra R wrote:

Nazmul A wrote:

In some cases job poster is not active after posting the job.It is not beneficial for both Upwork and Contractor  to wait for a month-long  hiring process.After one month freelancer gets connect when none is hired or job poster cancel the  job.I think Upwork  can make a rule for Client (job poster)  to recruit contractors within 7-10 Days.Contractors  can use returned connects and may be hired if client fails to recruit  within the deadline..


Same suggestion you made 3 months ago. It hasn't improved since.


Actually, it was 15 months ago, but nothing's changed regardless.

__________________________________________________
"No good deed goes unpunished." -- Clare Boothe Luce
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 16

John K wrote:

Petra R wrote:

Nazmul A wrote:

In some cases job poster is not active after posting the job.It is not beneficial for both Upwork and Contractor  to wait for a month-long  hiring process.After one month freelancer gets connect when none is hired or job poster cancel the  job.I think Upwork  can make a rule for Client (job poster)  to recruit contractors within 7-10 Days.Contractors  can use returned connects and may be hired if client fails to recruit  within the deadline..


Same suggestion you made 3 months ago. It hasn't improved since.


Actually, it was 15 months ago, but nothing's changed regardless.


Ooops, lol, indeed

But yes, bad ideas are not like wine, they don't improve with age...

Active Member
Israt J Member Since: Mar 5, 2019
5 of 16
It's unethical on the client's part. We need a proper solution for this issue and are drawing the attention of Upwork executives. Thanks
Active Member
Omar Faruq S Member Since: May 1, 2019
6 of 16

Nazmul A wrote:

In some cases job poster is not active after posting the job.It is not beneficial for both Upwork and Contractor  to wait for a month-long  hiring process.After one month freelancer gets connect when none is hired or job poster cancel the  job.I think Upwork  can make a rule for Client (job poster)  to recruit contractors within 7-10 Days.Contractors  can use returned connects and may be hired if client fails to recruit  within the deadline..

Active Member
Raihan K Member Since: Sep 7, 2012
7 of 16

I think this is not a bad idea. It's a perfect solution for the hiring process to set up a specific deadline and also if upwrok make a rules like " a specific charge for every job posting" for clients, Then I think it will be working good for contractors and clients and will save time for everyone.  And Fake job posting will not be posted anymore.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 16

Raihan K wrote:

if upwrok make a rules like " a specific charge for every job posting" for clients, Then I think it will be working good for contractors and clients and will save time for everyone. 


Sure, it will save time for everyone because there would be very few jobs posted, the platform would fail and everyone would never have to use it again.

 

regurgitating appallingly bad ideas  over and over again does not change the fact that they are appallingly bad ideas.

 


Raihan K wrote:

 And Fake job posting will not be posted anymore.


Correct. No fake jobs, no real jobs, no jobs at all.

 

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
9 of 16

Raihan K wrote:

I think this is not a bad idea. It's a perfect solution for the hiring process to set up a specific deadline and also if upwrok make a rules like " a specific charge for every job posting" for clients, Then I think it will be working good for contractors and clients and will save time for everyone.  And Fake job posting will not be posted anymore.


If you really feel that this is a good idea, there are already some job websites that charge the clients to post a project. I recently checked out one such website and they get only one or two posts per day, so it would definitely save you a lot of time.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
10 of 16

Raihan K wrote:

I think this is not a bad idea. It's a perfect solution for the hiring process to set up a specific deadline and also if upwrok make a rules like " a specific charge for every job posting" for clients, Then I think it will be working good for contractors and clients and will save time for everyone.  And Fake job posting will not be posted anymore.


So when the hiring deadline passed, the job would be closed, the client would be unable to proceed and the freelancers he was considering would lose out on the job? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS