cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Inactive Client

Novelty D Member Since: May 4, 2019
11 of 16

In some cases job poster is not active after posting the job.It is not beneficial for both Upwork and Contractor  to wait for a month-long  hiring process.After one month freelancer gets connect when none is hired or job poster cancel the  job.I think Upwork  can make a rule for Client (job poster)  to recruit contractors within 7-10 Days.Contractors  can use returned connects and may be hired if client fails to recruit  within the deadline..

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
12 of 16

I just started a project that we talked about in late March. A large proportion of the projects I have bid on have taken over two weeks to award. A month is common - as is no contact for several weeks after posting. Sometimes, I've delayed as I can't fit them in.

The waiting has been more than beneficial for me.

Ace Contributor
Michelle T Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
13 of 16
I don’t mind waiting. It’s the fact that most jobs don’t get filled at all that is bothersome. Nobody wants to flood a client with proposals, but with hardly any jobs getting filled, it leads to freelancers flooding clients with proposals. You are hoping to find the few clients willing to close the deal.
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
14 of 16

Michelle T wrote:
I don’t mind waiting. It’s the fact that most jobs don’t get filled at all that is bothersome. Nobody wants to flood a client with proposals, but with hardly any jobs getting filled, it leads to freelancers flooding clients with proposals. You are hoping to find the few clients willing to close the deal.

A lot of us who do well here have found that highly selective bidding achieves that goal far better than flooding the market.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
15 of 16

re: "...but with hardly any jobs getting filled..."

I am not sure you are in a position to know that.

You don't see all of the jobs that are getting filled.
Such as the jobs that are posted only as private invites.

And the jobs that are posted for a very short time, and taken down once filled by one of the first respondents.

Ace Contributor
Michelle T Member Since: Mar 28, 2018
16 of 16

Well, when I look at the percentage of jobs that I applied for that were actually filled, it is very low. Anyone can find that out by looking at their archives.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS