Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Refund Request

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Rajjat G Member Since: Sep 24, 2016
1 of 2

Hi,

I've hired for an ongoing job. The client deposits $100 in escrow as estimated budget & initiate the first milestone of $10. But there were no instructions for the next work after the approval of the first milestone. As the contract has ended & there is an automatic refund request for the escrow amount.

Reason for Ending:- The client said, "There is no instruction for now. We will make a new contract when needed again."

But, I have scheduled time for this job & have wasted my time by keeping the time slot free. What should I do? Should I have to accept the refund or raise a dispute? I want the solution that will at least don't affect my JSS.

According to your experience, what should have to do?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
2 of 2

If the first milestone was completed and approved, and the next milestone wasn't even activated, there was nothing to refund. They simply decided (for whatever reason) to close the contract early, leaving you with only the $10 milestone you did to begin with.

No point in disputing it with no additional work done and no other funds released. It will cost you MUCH more than the $10 you made.

As for having already set aside the time and whatnot, it sucks, but there's not really anything you can do about it. Contracts get closed early all the time for various reasons. On the positive side, you're free to take on other projects that might be a more worthwhile use of your time than waiting around on an indecisive client.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS