🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Regarding “Upwork Community Community: Daily...
Page options
yitwail
Community Member

Regarding “Upwork Community Community: Daily Digest”

I've been receiving these email notifications for a while now, and thought I would mention some things I noticed as a public service. To start with, another community regular pointed out to me that the word "Community" is repeated in the notification subject line. In addition, I've noticed that it lists "kudos" I've received instead of "upvotes". Lastly, it discloses the actual Upwork username of each person who upvoted, rather than their forum name, something that users may wish to keep private, including myself. If anyone else who's received these has additional observations, feel free to share them. 

Community Member

Thank you for this John. I haven't received anything like this, but  I find it extraordinary that Upwork is sending out this type of email when it claims to take privacy so seriously.  It is high time that someone who knows what they are actually doing in this company to take a hand.  And while we are on the subject. I would like an email to apologize for the apparent breach of privacy. 

Daily digest is proving indigestible, and it is very difficult now to discern who is scamming whom. 

renata101
Community Member

Unfortunately, now that you've called attention to the name "Community Community: Daily Digest," I think I would feel sad if we started simply calling it the Community: Daily Digest. It's so much huggier with Community modifying Community in that way. (And, yeah, that actually is a word according to Collins: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/huggier.)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members