🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Regarding Upwork Msg
Page options
chandel_cnaina
Community Member

Regarding Upwork Msg

Hi Everyone.

I start new contracton on upwork and client want my email ID for share with me Google analytics & Webmaster login detail. Also client send me the login detail of Moz tool to check his website. Then I get this msg from Upwrok 

Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract has started or paying outside of Upwork is against our Terms Of Service and could result in account suspension.

Can anyone tell me why I get this msg on the same chat. I always prefer the upwork to work and client just send me the login of his work. We start contract on the upwork for the same project. Then why this msg?

Thanks,

Naina

6 REPLIES 6
jeremiah-brown
Community Member

Because Upwork thinks you might get paid outside of their website.  Upwork wants their cut. 

But project start on upwork. Client sent me the offer and I accepted that . He just share the login info for work. I never go outside for the work. Because I am always prefer the upwork to work and this is one of the best platform for secure payments. 

Then I am not sure - the only thing that would trigger that message (that I am aware of from my own experience) is the perception of geting paid outside of Upwork.  It doesn't matter if it actualy happens or not, if Upwork suspects it, they will hit you with the message and ask you to write out a legal statement that says you'll pay a 12% conversion fee if you do business with clients that were secured through Upwork, OR, agree not to do business with those clients for 2 years.

It doesnt matter if you've done anything wrong or not - This happened to me.

Once the contract has started, you may share anything you like and communicate via any medium that suits you and the client.

The warning can be ignored in that case.

Hi Petra, 

thanks for your response.

Yes I have started working on my client project on upwork. He just share the information regrading their work related to SEO things. And there is an alot of tools that we need to work on. And share the email for Analytics because some clients didn't want to share the exact Logins. So they share the login through mail.

Naina C wrote:

Yes I have started working on my client project on upwork. He just share the information regrading their work related to SEO things. And there is an alot of tools that we need to work on. And share the email for Analytics because some clients didn't want to share the exact Logins. So they share the login through mail.

Yes, that's absolutely fine. Ignore the warning.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members