🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Regarding a dispute
Page options
russell933
Community Member

Regarding a dispute

Hi,

Just want to know that a client made a dispute and wanted a refund of $270. I refunded thinking not to take this matter further. My question is does this dispute and refund has any effect on my Upwork score and ratings? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
hoyle_editing
Community Member

Yes it will.

petra_r
Community Member

Shahidul A wrote:

My question is does this dispute and refund has any effect on my Upwork score and ratings?

How happy was the client with your work?

You're top rated, so if this does have a significant effect on your JSS, you can use your perk (provided you have not used it in the last 3 months and 10 contracts) to have that effect removed from your JSS calculation, but I'd wait and see what, if any effect it has first.

Hi Petra,

Thanks for your response. As an active freelancer on Upwork since 2012 and been maintaining a great reputation here this is the first time I am having an issue with a dispute. It is pretty painful for me. You have mentioned using my perk here to have that effect removed from my JSS calculation. Could you help me understand what perk were you trying to recommend me to use? Just FYI, I have never use anything like that in my Upwork career. 

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Much appreciated Petra. Thanks again. 

Best

Shahidul

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths