🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Regarding checking fake jobs
Page options
surinder87
Community Member

Regarding checking fake jobs

Hi Upwork family!

Kindly help me in understanding the fake job posts on Upwork as it lets in wastage of connects and money. For me fake jobs are as follows:

1) Location and time mismatch - Location is say US and during night time in states, on upwork client time shows as afternoon 12:30 PM. 

PLease help me if location and time has any reference or not. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Surinder,

If you notice a suspicious job you can always use the option "Flag as a Inappropriate" or send it to us Moderators via PM. Our team will investigate it further and if any violations of our TOS are found, proper actions will be taken. 

You can also check out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Surinder,

If you notice a suspicious job you can always use the option "Flag as a Inappropriate" or send it to us Moderators via PM. Our team will investigate it further and if any violations of our TOS are found, proper actions will be taken. 

You can also check out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Please help me if location and time has any reference or not."

This has no importance. I have never judged a job posting based on the time zone of the client.

Please do not flag job postings based on their time zone.

Also: If a client states that she wants a job posting to be only for freelancer from a specific area, such as the United States or United Kingdom, that is fine. That is an intended feature of the platform. You may not flag job postings based on that.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members