🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Regarding first job !
Page options
mkalsi17
Community Member

Regarding first job !

It's been over three months, I did a lot of changes, a lot of modification, giving a lot of tests, applied proposals to skill relevant job but still am unable to get a job. I just want to know why clients are not a response to my proposals?

Is there any bad thing or distractive thing in my profile?

Yes, I know I don't have any job score because I am new on Upwork who spend over three months with no job.

It'll be really appreciable if someone helps me.

Thank you,

Manmeet **Edited for Community Guidelines**

13 REPLIES 13
jr-translation
Community Member

Manmeet S wrote:

It's been over three months, I did a lot of changes, a lot of modification, giving a lot of tests, applied proposals to skill relevant job but still am unable to get a job. I just want to know why clients are not a response to my proposals?

Is there any bad thing or distractive thing in my profile?

Yes, I know I don't have any job score because I am new on Upwork who spend over three months with no job.

It'll be really appreciable if someone helps me.

Thank you,

Manmeet Singh

Your profile is set to private.

Hello Jennifer Mam,

Thank you for the response.

My Profile is already set public by Goran V ( Moderator of Upwork Community ).

Hope to find out my solution.

Thank you,

Manmeet **Edited for Community Guidelines**

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Manmeet,

I`ve changed your profile visibility back to public, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran sir,

Thank you for quick action.

I hope to find out my solution.

Sincerely,

Manmeet **Edited for Community Guidelines**

so, Is that my only solution to set my profile as public or I should wait for someone to solve my matter?

actually, I don't understand what should I do because I have been wasted my three months on upwork for searching for my first job.

Kindly reply to me about my problem.

Sincerely,
Manmeet

Hi Manmeet,
I hope that one of the comrades tells you about your profile.
I just give you a warning. You must remove the links you have in the portfolio. They are not allowed.
Good luck.

Hello Maria mam,

Thank you for your response.
I just removed all links from the portfolio and sorry, I hadn't been known about it is not allowed.
but whenever I update my portfolio with a new design, the option appears for URL  as optional. that's why I filled it.
I don't wish to break any rule of upwork

Sincerely,

Manmeet

Maria mam,

Your response means a lot to me.
As I saw your upwork profile, you're a graphic design, same as my field I mean I am also graphic and web designer.

I thought what if you'll help me to get a single job for design, it'll be really appreciable.
Actually, I need a job to show my graphic and web design skill to the world. I don't want to waste more time searching for how to get a job. because as I know, upwork is an only place where a person can get their perfect value for high-quality skill.

I hope you'll understand my words and feelings.

Sincerely,
Manmeet

Hi Manmeet,
I can not help you get a job. You have to get that.
It took me a couple of months to find the first "little" job, and then another 4 months went by until the next one.
It's hard to start.
Your profile does not seem to be wrong, but because my English is not good, I can not tell you if there is something concrete that "squeaks".
As you will have seen in my profile, I have not spent many words and generally, I do the same with the proposals (unfortunately, most of the time my proposals are only questions because the client has not given too much information)
So, patience, strength and forward!

Hello Sir/Mam,

Please find attached file of JPEG.

Let me know where I'm doing wrong in a proposal that clients are not showing any interest for a logo?

It'll be appreciated if somebody helps me.

Sincerely,
Manmeet Singh

tlbp
Community Member

There are thousands of freelancers offering design services. So, getting a job is very difficult. Your proposal doesn't look customized to the client. Are you sending the same copy to everyone? I don't know that there is anything anyone can do to help you land a job. Being a freelancer means being able to sell your services to others. You need to learn to do that. Research how to create a winning proposal, study how to close sales, and continue to learn how to operate a freelancing business. Others are working hard to approach each client and their needs with a unique sales pitch, you will need to learn to do the same. 

mkalsi17
Community Member

Thank you for your response, mam.

Maybe you need to add some design suggestions to your cover? I think it is good, when freelancer try to suggest his ideas for the client.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members