cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding id proof verification

Une P Member Since: Jan 17, 2014
1 of 11
Hello Everyone, I'm working on oDesk for few months now and have been able applying for and getting paid without any qualms all this while. But suddenly I'm getting repeated prompts to enter id proofs for sensitive personal details like passport, driving license etc. As it is, I have already given my bank details which contains all my legit info. oDesk can also easily get back to me through these details should the need ever arise. I'm very apprehensive about uploading more sensitive personal details and my biggest question is if it was so important, why wasn't it made mandatory in the beginning itself? So that means, many of the spammers and fake ids have a free will run for months before being asked for id proofs, which again might happen "only for certain instances" as the oDesk support person put it. Are others facing the same problem or is it like just a random check? Is oDesk asking for id proofs from "everyone" or only select few? Is there any workaround to this dilemma? Hoping to get answers. Thanks, Une
Une P Member Since: Jan 17, 2014
2 of 11
Would seriously like to hear from oDesk people for the queries I have made. Is there any workaround to this? I'm not getting updates on the ticket I raised with oDesk help center either.
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 11
Hello Une, I am sorry you are experiencing delays in receiving support. PLease, follow up on the same ticket and I hope the issue gets resolved soon. As for you being required to submit your ID Verification now and not when creating your profile, it is stated in the Article 2.3 of User Agreement that "oDesk reserves the right to validate User information at any time, including but not limited to validation against third party databases or the verification of one or more official government or legal documents that confirm the User's identity." Please, read more here. If you want to know more about how oDesk protects your personal information, please, see oDesk Privacy Policy. Thanks,
~ Valeria
Untitled
Kumari N Member Since: Dec 3, 2015
4 of 11

my id proof not verifiy ,i dont know resion

my id proof :

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 11

Hi Neha,

Please, check the notification that was sent to you a few days ago with reasons why the documents you submitted didn't pass the verification. You can access the ticket by going to this page and clicking "View your recently solved requests."

~ Valeria
Untitled
Alexandru C Member Since: Mar 26, 2014
6 of 11
I also wanted to add my full name (in case there will be problems with the bank) and provided a photo of my drivers license. Now I have a notification on top of my Contact Info settings that says "Your name change request is under review. We are waiting for you to complete identity verification" but down to the Verification Status it says "Thanks for submitting your information. Your ID is being reviewed". It's been that way for almost 3 weeks now
Fatima H Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
7 of 11

How many times do I have to provide ID proof to you people. Everytime its verified you ask for an ID proof again. Your website is getting so messed up, its always under maintainance but still you can't maintain a thing in it. After giving you the ID proofs so many times now you won't accept my id proof but it was already given to you and now you won't let me apply to the jobs as it ALWAYS wants an ID proof.. It seems like you just want to eat the money of  your loyal employers. 

Kindly correct these issues as you'll loose alot of you customers like this!

Ace Contributor
Rodelito D Member Since: Feb 24, 2009
8 of 11

I've just been notified that my id is verified and I'm now good to go.

The funny thing is, I was already verified if I remember correctly, it was wayback 2010. I haven't process any verification the past days yet I received this email 2hrs ago.

Fatima H Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
9 of 11

yes that happened with me a month ago too, although I have been verified many moths ago and now a month later they are asking me to verify again and creating issues.

Muhammad Shahzad A Member Since: Nov 7, 2015
10 of 11

Hey, can you please guide me about verification of id proof?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS