🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Regarding job Invitation
Page options
kratika_kits17
Community Member

Regarding job Invitation

Hi, 

I submitted a proposal for a job the other day. I can see that the proposals are 10 to 15 (which means the maximum freelancers that applied to this job can be 15, right?). The client has sent invitation for interview to 15 freelancers. However, I haven't received any invitation. Is there some algorithm Upwork has when they show number of proposals sent for the project?

Attaching the screenshot.

Thanks!

Kratika

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Kratika A wrote:

Hi, 

I submitted a proposal for a job the other day. I can see that the proposals are 10 to 15 (which means the maximum freelancers that applied to this job can be 15, right?). The client has sent invitation for interview to 15 freelancers. However, I haven't received any invitation. Is there some algorithm Upwork has when they show number of proposals sent for the project?

Thanks!

Kratika

You are mixing things up.

Number of poroposals is the number of people currently still in the running. This means proposals that have not been rejected or archived by the client and have not been withdrawn by the freelancer.

Number of interviews is the number of people the client invited, those are not people who applied before being invited.

The client is also interviewing 3 people, those 3 are the ones who got a response from the client.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Kratika A wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks!

Kratika

You are mixing things up.

Number of poroposals is the number of people currently still in the running. This means proposals that have not been rejected or archived by the client and have not been withdrawn by the freelancer.

Number of interviews is the number of people the client invited, those are not people who applied before being invited.

The client is also interviewing 3 people, those 3 are the ones who got a response from the client.

Thank you Petra...what you said makes sense and I now understood it clearly.

Regards,

Kratika

Petra, 

Correct me if I'm wrong here. But my understanding of these numbers is:

No. of proposals - Number of people who submitted proposals using connects.

No. of invites sent - Number of people the client invited.

Interviewing - Number of people who 'Accept' the interview + Number of people whose proposals 
(through the connects route) got accepted by the client. 

Unanswered invites - Number of people who have neither accepted nor rejected the invite.

Prachi T wrote:

1. No. of proposals - Number of people who submitted proposals using connects.
  2. No. of invites sent - Number of people the client invited.
  3. Interviewing - Number of people who 'Accept' the interview + Number of people whose proposals 
    (through the connects route) got accepted by the client. 
  4. Unanswered invites - Number of people who have neither accepted nor rejected the invite.

1. No, everyone still in the running. It excludes everyone who was archived or declined by the client and everyone who withdrew their proposal or declined or ignored the invite to propose

2. Yes.

3. Yes

4. Yes

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members