🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Regarding low client response rate
Page options
darshika8
Community Member

Regarding low client response rate

I am working on Upwork for the past few months. I was able to garner some projects and good reviews. Yet, when I apply for new jobs, clients do not even bother to reply. Even in the past, I have been offered jobs for which I was directly invited. Why is this happening? How do I improve client response rate?
8 REPLIES 8
AndreaG

Hi Darshika,

You may be interested in this Webinar to up your proposal game! 

Upwork Power Webinar: Proposals That Sell

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you for your reply, Andrea. But the webinar is already over. Can't watch now 😔

Be sure to ask relevant questions that demonstrate an understanding of the client's business and industry. Questions invite answers. Now you're in a dialog.

Thank you for responding, Bill.

I have tried asking questions, displaying how I am fit for the job, attaching my past projects. But yet, no success. I am attaching one of my cover letters here for your perusal. Please guide me. 

Thank you so much for your attention and participation. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Darshika,

You can still watch the webinar recording by clicking on the link that Andrea shared with you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I am not able to able to watch the recording. When I hit the 'watch recording' button, it says, "Webinar is over; you cannot register now. If you have any questions, please contact Webinar host: Talent Success." So, I have mailed Talent Sucess regarding this. Yet, no reply.

Can you please guide me further on this?

branaljosiah
Community Member

Hello, Darshika.

I think that we need to clear out first that clients are not obligated to reply to any proposals that were passed in their job posting.

Given that, I think that there are many ways to can increase your chances of getting the attention of potential clients. You can re-assess how you send your proposals in such a way that it can win you bids (e.g. curated letter for every job posting, competitive bids, etc.), and/or you can also improve your profile to highlight your skills and expertise in a specific niche. 

Like the previous replies, there are many resources available both from upwork and outside upwork to guide you on how you win jobs. 

Thank you for responding, Josiah,

I agree that clients are not obliged to respond to every proposal. However, that is not in our control. I can only make improvements in my proposal or profile (whatever is required). I have referred to many sources outside Upwork as well. I haven't found any success with those methods; that is why I have posted a question here.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths