Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding "Payment unverified" jobs

rupaknath
Rupak N Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
1 of 6

Hi

I have seen many clients posts their jobs, but their payment methods are "unverified." I am a freelancer, and I submitted my proposals, but I found these posts are "useless." They have no project they are just joking, or they may have some purposes, I do not know, but they never pay anyone. 

I request Uprork authority not to allow any client whose payment method is unverified.

I think it will help upwork to improve reputation also. 

Thank you

Rupak Nath

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 6

Rupak, that won't happen because those jobs are not 'worthless'. I've applied to those jobs, then notified the client that I can only start working after their payment method is verified, and in every case the client verified their payment method and I got paid when I submitted my work.

Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 6

Some of my biggest "one off" contracts were with clients who verified their payment method after they chose and hired me.

Freelancers ignore such jobs at their peril.

afifield
Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
4 of 6

Same here. Unverified, newer clients especially, usually just need your help to know how to verify, and I just send them help links on how to verify, how to fund projects, etc. I just got a fairly large project myself with an unverified client for a fixed rate. She verified her account and funded the first milestone so all is good! So far they seem like an amazing client. 

mahrukh001
Mahrukh I Member Since: May 2, 2017
5 of 6

Hi Rupak,

Normally freelancer ignore this, some of my valued clients payment methods were not verified when their contact started they verified it after a while and I am still working with some of them as long term contract.

Mahrukh

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 6

@Rupak N wrote:

Hi

I have seen many clients posts their jobs, but their payment methods are "unverified." I am a freelancer, and I submitted my proposals, but I found these posts are "useless." They have no project they are just joking, or they may have some purposes, I do not know, but they never pay anyone. 

I request Uprork authority not to allow any client whose payment method is unverified.

I think it will help upwork to improve reputation also. 

Thank you

Rupak Nath

They're not joking, and they have plenty of projects. I know that because most of my clients were unverified until they were verified, at which point I start working for them.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS