🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Regarding upwork JSS
Page options
rajinderbarha
Community Member

Regarding upwork JSS

Hi Everyone,

I wanna know something about JSS.

I have done 5 jobs on upwork and one is long term still in progress.One of my client did not end the contract and he is inactive on upwork.i ended the contract with good rating and comment but i did not get any feedback from him.i checked after fews day my JSS score reduced from 100% to 80%.May I have the reason of this.Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Rajinder S wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I wanna know something about JSS.

I have done 5 jobs on upwork and one is long term still in progress.One of my client did not end the contract and he is inactive on upwork.i ended the contract with good rating and comment but i did not get any feedback from him.i checked after fews day my JSS score reduced from 100% to 80%.May I have the reason of this.Thanks

Do you have one or two jobs in progress, one that does not show on your profile?

Any jobs that closed without payment (ever)or have been open for 2+ months with nothing paid (ever) or fully refunded?

It looks like there should be 7 jobs in total... 5 hourly, 2 fixed rate ones, but your profile shows only 6, of which 1 is ongoing.

One job without feedback categorically does not lower your JSS, let alone by 20%, but one unsuccessful job can.

Recently accepted new offer on upwork.That's why showing 7 and not listed on my profile may be after sometime show on my profile.Thanks

Rajinder S wrote:

Recently accepted new offer on upwork.That's why showing 7 and not listed on my profile may be after sometime show on my profile.Thanks

OK, then one of your contracts ended with poor private feedback.

My last ended contract date was 30 march and my JSS was updated on 31st.It was showing 100% but yesterday again update after 2 weeks and it decreased 100 to 80.How it is possible.Thanks

Rajinder S wrote:

My last ended contract date was 30 march and my JSS was updated on 31st.It was showing 100% but yesterday again update after 2 weeks and it decreased 100 to 80.How it is possible.Thanks

Then how in the world do you think that  a contract that ended months ago could have anything to do with it?

As contracts do not always instantly have an impact, it would be the last one that ended which did it.

The way to fix it is to not concentrate on the JSS, and concentrate on the work and the clients. That way your JSS will take care of itself in due course.

i have done my work well and dont know who gave me such rating(not sure).i only can see public feedback and that is 5 star.What else to do to make them happy.I get this response from upwork.Please see below.

"With regards to your score, this is what we are seeing currently:

20% of your outcomes have no feedback, which is far above the site average and thus slightly lowers your score. The outcome will change if these clients will leave a good private and public feedback. 
Of your contracts with feedback, you received good feedback 100% of the time."

The bold text not justifying me.you have seen my profile and one client gave me no feedback.To whome i say to change the rating becaue without feedback not putting impact on my JSS.

Your "no feedback" contract was in January, and your JSS dropped at the very end of March, so obviously the "No Feedback" contract (which happened in January) can not possibly have caused your JSS to drop on the last day of March, or else the drop would have been much earlier.

yes exactly then why upwork team replying me this 

20% of your outcomes have no feedback

and also saying this

Of your contracts with feedback, you received good feedback 100% of the time.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members