Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registered vs. Active?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
1 of 11

Of the supposed "nine million registered freelancers and four million registered clients" (Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upwork ) how many of those registered freelancers, and how many of those registered clients are actually enaged in active contracts?

Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
2 of 11

@Ronald T wrote:

Of the supposed "nine million registered freelancers and four million registered clients" (Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upwork ) how many of those registered freelancers, and how many of those registered clients are actually enaged in active contracts?

Ron, don't ask questions for which you will never receive a truthful answer :-(

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
3 of 11

I have always wondered about these large numbers, and then the discrepancy of the numbers displayed on the system. Since I can only apply for, or hire only what the system finds; I will go with what comes up in search.

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 10.34.32 AM.png

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
4 of 11

Dear Ronald,

It's not number game or stats game. It is stream that always runs. Never stops. 

Freelancers come here to get work and clients come here to assign work. 

Both of them are part and parcel. Both are incomplete without eachother. 

Client has no time to do work itself but he has money to pay. Freelancers have time to spend for the service of mankind. 

Summary

Barter System is the best deal Under the Sky since the day of Adam. 

Under the Sun, We need each other till the end. 

I hope that you would like it. 

Best Regards

Abdulrazaq

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
5 of 11

@Abdul

This is not an answer to the OP's very specific concern. Please refain from posting "motivational" replies that do not answer questions or address the specific concerns of the OP.

@Ron

I personally have wondered this many times, especially when I am searching for a freelancer, and half the search results (before I set filters) are users who haven't been active in 2-3 years.

I read something in the forums, and I think a Mod implied that:

1. Freelancer accounts who are in "more or less good standing" but haven't seen activity do not get deleted, and they show up in freelancer search results.

2. Freelancer accounts who are suspended (and never return), same thing.

3. Freelancer accounts who are banned, same thing.

So if one were to consider a possible number for general attrition of accounts, there might be a qusi answer out there.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
6 of 11

Hi Pandora,

Let me clarify that freelancers, whose account were closed, will not show in the search results. Accounts that haven't been active at all for a long time will not get closed but their visibility in search may get affected.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
7 of 11

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Pandora,

Let me clarify that freelancers, whose account were closed, will not show in the search results. Accounts that haven't been active at all for a long time will not get closed but their visibility in search may get affected.

Hi Valeria

Maybe we need a clarification on what gets an account "closed".

Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
8 of 11

@Valeria K wrote:

[…] Accounts that haven't been active at all for a long time will not get closed but their visibility in search may get affected.

When logged in, a search for 'web research' freelancers, will show that the 2nd person on the list was last active 3 months ago. The same search, logged out, shows on the top of the list a freelancer that last worked 1 year ago. When googling 'web research upwork', the 2nd freelancer on the list was last active 6 months ago.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 11

@Olga Q wrote:

When logged in, a search for 'web research' freelancers, will show that the 2nd person on the list was last active 3 months ago. The same search, logged out, shows on the top of the list a freelancer that last worked 1 year ago. When googling 'web research upwork', the 2nd freelancer on the list was last active 6 months ago.

It depends what you call "active" - their last contract may have ended months ago, but who do you know they are not actively applying and available?

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
10 of 11

@Valeria K wrote:

I got a confirmation from the team that "Last Active" is based on freelancers' activity on their open contracts (logging time or submitting milestones) or sending proposals for job postings.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Last-active-what-does-it-mean/m-p/116348/highlight/true#...

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS