Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular clients selecting "would not recommend."

adamoah
Abigail D Member Since: Jun 12, 2017
1 of 4

Hi

I have just got my top rated badge and over the last month my job success score has gone down from 99% to 95%. I only have 5 star ratings and 1 4.8 rating. My client recommed has gone from 100% to 80%. I have got several regular clients and I can only assume that one or two of them are selecting "would not recommend." This is completly ridiculous to me because they keep hiring me, I get projects from them weekly so they are clearly satisfied with my work. How can I find out which clients are doing this so that I can block them?

Thanks for your help

Kind regards

Abigail

datasciencewonk
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
2 of 4

@Abigail D wrote:

Hi

I have just got my top rated badge and over the last month my job success score has gone down from 99% to 95%. I only have 5 star ratings and 1 4.8 rating. My client recommed has gone from 100% to 80%. I have got several regular clients and I can only assume that one or two of them are selecting "would not recommend." This is completly ridiculous to me because they keep hiring me, I get projects from them weekly so they are clearly satisfied with my work. How can I find out which clients are doing this so that I can block them?

Thanks for your help

Kind regards

Abigail

Private feedback is....private. Upwork will not reveal to you which client marked you down on the private feedback side. It may seem unfair, but it's to avoid manipulation of the feedback system. Though you, personally, may never even think of doing this, this type of activity was substantial enough to warrant the private feedback measure to counteract the manipulation of public feedback. 

Unless the client directly tells you they would not recommend you, then all you can do is hazard a guess as to which client or clients might be marking you lower on the backend.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 4

it's also worth noting that your clients aren't marking "would not recommend." It's not a yes or no question, but a 1-10 scale of "how likely are you..." Many clients choose a 7 or 8 on this scale thinking it's pretty good, but those imperfect ratings have an impact.

jackjillian
Jill J Member Since: Oct 28, 2017
4 of 4

"Clients would recommend you"--followed by a percentage--does not seem to represent the actual scaled data.  It implies that clients have answered "yes" or "no," and the resulting percentage reflects the percentage of clients who "would recommend you" (and the resulting percentage of clients who "would not recommend you"). If the description of the rating would reflect the scaled data being used, and the score showed the composite rating (0-10), the true meaning of the rating could be better employed by clients.  I'm not developing the best descriptor, but it could be along the lines of "Client recommendation rating," and the score show be the average of 0-10 (not a percentage). So, for example, a score of 9 would no longer suggest that 10% of the clients have offered ratings of 0.

I think a statistician needs to take a closer look at the data, the resulting ratings/scores, and the descriptions.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS