🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Regularly accessing account but no earnings g...
Page options
kcpajimna
Community Member

Regularly accessing account but no earnings got suspended by Upwork

Hello guys, I just saw this post on Facebook. Someone uploaded the email upwork sent him and saying that this is the reason why he got suspended by Upwork. I hope somebody could explain this to me so I could avoid it please? I am also accessing my profile regularly to check the previous earnings only but I am not yet reapplying as my previous job only got paused and I dont want to have job yet until it is fully closed due to time management if ever. But, my profile is still open just in case any better job comes. Can anyone please enlighten me on this so I can avoid it?

5 REPLIES 5
tlsanders
Community Member

They never tell us exactly what's going on, but I suspect that person was bidding on jobs but never taking on work through Upwork. Most people will either bid for a while, not get hired and give up or will bid and get hired. If someone keeps on sending proposals and never getting hired but they are still putting in the effort and spending the connects, it looks like they are probably using Upwork to connect with clients and then work with them outside the platform. 

Thanks for your reply. So sad to hear that. So from now on, every proposal
I submit that gets declined by the client, i will be in fear already! 😔

I wouldn't worry that much. Many people bid on a lot of jobs and only get hired on one in 10 or one in 20...no one expects you to win every job you bid on.

I hope so. Cos from what I know, those who got suspended because of not
getting hired after submitting several bids, really dont get hired. Not
that they are doing something fishy or something like that. But thanks guys
for the help. 🙂

Katherine P wrote:
I hope so. Cos from what I know, those who got suspended because of not
getting hired after submitting several bids, really dont get hired. 

How would you know? Would they have told you if they had been? Just because someone makes a claim on social media, does not make it true.

People who don't get hired after many, many attempts, at all, are better off not having an Upwork account because it wastes their time as well. Such people are either not hired because nobody wants them, or because they take the work off the site. Either way, they are generating $0 revenue for Upwork, or themselves.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members