🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rejected Payment Because Invalid Beneficiary ...
Page options
eurekaz
Community Member

Rejected Payment Because Invalid Beneficiary Name.

Hello, Upwork Payment Team

I need help here, my payment direct to local bank acc. keep getting rejected because of invalid beneficiary name. My registered bank account name is "Edward" without any last name on it, meanwhile on Upwork I'm registered as "Edward Lin". I used "Lin" because Upwork don't allow me to just have a single name on my acc.

I've tried three times to withdraw my funds, and all three got rejected plus with the $0.99 fee 😞 The problem now is, I can't change the "Name on account" field on my payment settings. It required to be exact same as the name listed on my Upwork acc. And yes, I've tried to change my name on ny contact info, but it got rejected by Upwork. I tried to change it into "Edward Edward".

So, what must I do now in order to withdraw my money to my local bank account without getting rejected by Upwork payment processor?

Please, I need to resolve this quickly, it's been weeks and I urgently needed the money 😞

Thanks before.
2 REPLIES 2
eurekaz
Community Member

Oh, yeah I forgot to mention one thing. On my prior withdrawal around 5 or 6 months before, there's no problem at all. I've withdraw several times and I received the funds on my local bank in matter of hours. So, I'm kinda confused here...
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Edward,

Thank you for sharing the details about your problem.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. If you have any additional questions, let me know.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members