🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Rejected card in Direct Contracts
Page options
josefinacollados
Community Member

Rejected card in Direct Contracts

I've been using my VISA credit card in the past Direct Contracts I made. But suddenly my card was rejected by Upwork. I have made the query to the bank. They say that cards in general now have an authentication system in which we have to enter a code through a pop-up screen that does not appear in Upwork. That should be implemented by Upwork to authenticate that there is no payment fraud. How can I get this problem solved? the problem of non-authorization is because the process is not finished and it depends on your page. This is going to happen with all VISAs issued in Europe. It happens to me with the other banks too. 

Please I need to solve this problem.

**Edited for community guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Josefina,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
georgezl
Community Member

I face the same problem with a client. Also, the client does not want to use paypal.

Any recommendations?

My client didn't want to use PayPal either.

I wrote upwork support several times but didn't get a helpful answer.

That is why now I am using my payoneer account to generate a payment request to my client, and he can use his credit card because payoneer has a pop-up screen that upwork does not have.

Hope it works for you too.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members