cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Related to wrong account number

Agrim G Member Since: Jun 9, 2016
1 of 5

I was addedd my bank customer id on the place of my bank account number by mistake. And the payment is already processed but not reached in my bank account after 3 days from processing. So is it possible to back my payment to my upwork account.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

If you gave a wrong account number clearly the payment will not reach your bank account.

It will eventually get back to your Upwork account, but that will take time, usually a couple of weeks, sometimes longer.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 5

Hi Agrim, 

Echoing what Petra has said, if the bank does not find the account, the money will be returned to the platform in 2-7 business days. You should receive a notification from Upwork then. If it doesn't return to your Upwork account on the 8th day, you can request the customer support team to issue a trace.

-Avery
Untitled
Abegail R Member Since: Dec 11, 2018
4 of 5
What if i put the my credit card number instead of my debit card for my withdrawal? Would my money go back to my upwork acct?
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
5 of 5

Hi Abegail,

If you provided a wrong account number, the funds will be returned to your Upwork account. A credit card cannot be used as a withdrawal method. Thanks.

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS