🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Release escrow funds on fixed price contract?
Page options
onitindustries
Community Member

Release escrow funds on fixed price contract?

Hi,

So sorry. I did search but not finding an answer, I just completed a fixed price contract. One milestone. I submitted work and the person accepted and paid.

I see it is in escrow, but not released. Does the person paying me need to do anything else or funds released at a later time?

Thank you so much.

Also can the person that hired me leave a review before the funds are released from escow?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yeah! Here's a help article that you can send to your client. 

If you and your client are new, you can share the resources we have compiled here for you and your client's reference. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Clint, 

I can see that you submitted the milestone by clicking on the "Request payment" button. Your client will have 14-days to review the work you submitted, and may request some changes on your work, or release the payment earlier than the 14-day deadline. If the client doesn't get back to you within 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid on your account. I would recommend that you refrain from resubmitting the payment request as it resets the 14-day clock. 

You may read up on this help article to know how you can get paid of fixed-price contracts. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery. Is there a help article I can send her on how to accept the work and release the payment?

Yeah! Here's a help article that you can send to your client. 

If you and your client are new, you can share the resources we have compiled here for you and your client's reference. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths