🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Release milestone
Page options
rai09
Community Member

Release milestone

I have a recent project in my profile. But client ended the contract without paying milestone.. he takes the work
6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Rai G wrote:
I have a recent project in my profile. But client ended the contract without paying milestone.. he takes the work

How? If it was a fixed rate contract and funded, the client would have to request a refund of the Escrow funds to get their money back. Did you receive such a request?

rai09
Community Member

hello,

One of my client **Edited for Community Guidelines** talks with me very bad. He tells me very bad,though i am a girl. Please take action against him please. And also, he is not paying me even i work for him. He is doing cheat with me. Though I am a girl, he tells me rudely. He tells me whatever comes to his mind. 

Please take action. 

Hi, not entirely sure what being a girl has to do with it. He shouldn't say rude things regardless. If you go his message you should see a little wheel. Click on that and you should see the options I included. Report the message to Upwork.

Rai G wrote:

hello,

One of my client *** talks with me very bad. He tells me very bad,though i am a girl. Please take action against him please. And also, he is not paying me even i work for him. He is doing cheat with me. Though I am a girl, he tells me rudely. He tells me whatever comes to his mind. 

Please take action. 

Go to the message you want to report. On the right you can see a small cogwheel. If you hover in it, it opens a drop down menu with the option to report the message.

If you have finished the job, request the payment to be release. It is hard, but do not lower yourself to his level or shy back. Stay professional, if you can deliver the job and request the payment. Keep in mind he cannot you your work unless he paid the agreed rate. Keep the comunication from your side to a minimum and remember: clients and freelancers have the option to end a contract at any given time.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rai,

I'm sorry about the bad experience you've had on this contract. I checked the conversation and do see the issue that arose and the heated exchange that followed. It looks like you've already taken action in regard to the client's refund request and are no longer communicating with the client. Please use the report option as Jennifer advised to report messages and our team will follow up to assist you further.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
joostdoevelaar
Community Member

Was the money in escrow? Because both myself (and I am sure many others) have found out the hard way that you never accept a job without money in escrow. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members