🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Relocation to UK
Page options
peytonelizabeth
Community Member

Relocation to UK

I need to change my location to UK, So I will be changing a few things here and there .I hope my account will not be suspended permanently because they have already suspended it but asking me to verify myself .,I will do that. I need everything to match with my profile,will there be a problem if I do that? I don't really want the account to be suspended permanently. kindly help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've shared your concern with our team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I saw in your profile the other day that you started out in Australia and had a different name, then you were in America and called Sharon, then you wanted to change your email address, and now - two days later - you want to change your country to the UK. So yes, I'm guessing that Upwork will want to investigate. 

There are 192 countries left.

It is not unusual for some people to live in all of them simultaneously. Upwork should allow this.

What is the point verifying that the person who NOW has the account is the person they say they are?

It is clearly not the person who created the account.

Preston H wrote:

It is not unusual for some people to live in all of them simultaneously. Upwork should allow this.

Seriously? I move around quite frequently myself (I see no reason to endure English winters) but I don't change my name and email address every time I move. 

Christine:
This is pure speculation, but I think what may have happened is that she made a funny video that she posted on U-tube, but it caught the attention of a crazy person who lives in his mother's basement, and that crazy person started stalking her.

So she changed her name.

And moved to a different country.

But the crazy person followed her to that country.

So she had to move to a third country.

Unfortunately, and I know this sounds nuts, but it's possible, at exactly the same that all of this was happening, the hosting company that she had an email address with went out of business, due to some shenanigans with one of the accountants embezzeling money and fleeing to Cambodia.

So she had to get a new email address. This was totally not her fault.

To make things worse, her phone company raised its rates (again!). And because she had left the country, she couldn't afford to pay for the higher rates. So she switched to a different carrier. But it's kind of a low-cost carrier, and they wouldn't let her keep her phone number.

This happens more often than you realize.

Preston H wrote:

Christine:
This is pure speculation, but I think what may have happened is that she made a funny video that she posted on U-tube, but it caught the attention of a crazy person who lives in his mother's basement, and that crazy person started stalking her.

So she changed her name.

And moved to a different country.

But the crazy person followed her to that country.

So she had to move to a third country.

Unfortunately, and I know this sounds nuts, but it's possible, at exactly the same that all of this was happening, the hosting company that she had an email address with went out of business, due to some shenanigans with one of the accountants embezzeling money and fleeing to Cambodia.

So she had to get a new email address. This was totally not her fault.

To make things worse, her phone company raised its rates (again!). And because she had left the country, she couldn't afford to pay for the higher rates. So she switched to a different carrier. But it's kind of a low-cost carrier, and they wouldn't let her keep her phone number.

This happens more often than you realize.

Actually, all of this DID occur to me! But I still thought that Upwork might want to double-check.

Christine A wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Seriously? I move around quite frequently myself (I see no reason to endure English winters)

Hahaha, why do you think I moved from Scotland to Italy lol

My idea of heaven would be May/June to September in the UK (cottage in the New Forest) and the rest of the year here, (arrive in time for Badminton horse-trials and head South after Burghley) but bleeping Brexit makes it all so much harder.

re: "My idea of heaven would be..."

That's because you've never lived in Tempe, AZ.

115 Fahrenheit heat in the summer scares off most people, but once you get used it, there is no reason to go anywhere else.

Preston H wrote:

re: "My idea of heaven would be..."

That's because you've never lived in Tempe, AZ.

I used to work for a company based in Tuscon and was over there every couple of months.

I LOVE Arizona and its wildlife.

I deal with jetlag very badly so I used to go for a swim then head for the desert to observe wildlife at 4... 5 am every day before going to the office.

One of my the most favourite memories is wandering about among giant cacti one morning at sunrise and feeling that something was watching me... looking up and seeing a mountain lion on a giant cactus looking me straight in the eye.

My employer's offices had fabulous outside spaces where you could sit during breaks and where hummingbirds would join you to try and get some of your fruit juice.

Arizona is magical. You are very lucky to live there.

Oh - there was also the super weird encounter with some random stranger (a very old little man) at dawn, who suddenly appeared from seemingly nowhere in the middle of the desert to tell me how long I would have to get to the hospital after being bitten by scorpions of various colours....

Apparently, if the scorpion was brown I might as well sit down and die right there and then.

Petra R wrote:

Christine A wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Seriously? I move around quite frequently myself (I see no reason to endure English winters)

Hahaha, why do you think I moved from Scotland to Italy lol

My idea of heaven would be May/June to September in the UK (cottage in the New Forest) and the rest of the year here, (arrive in time for Badminton horse-trials and head South after Burghley) but bleeping Brexit makes it all so much harder.

That's actually what I've been trying to do for the past few years - winter somewhere warm and then back to the UK for the "summer" (such as it is). It worked out well in Mexico last winter, but then this winter it was already hitting 41 Celcius in Merida by February/March, not to mention the rampant mosquitos and various other delightful "challenges". Some adjustments to the plan may be required. Luckily I have triple citizenship (I hope that this doesn't trigger a freeze on my account) so I have a lot of options even after Brexit. 

(To anybody else who's reading this - sorry about going way off topic.)

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've shared your concern with our team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks

Hello Bojan,
Thanks for your help the other day,Toni B gave me a link in which I was supposed to verify my account using phone or sms, I did so unfortunately my account is still under suspension.what can I do now?
Thanks .

Hi Sharon,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members