🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Remittance Reference Number For Wire Transfer...
Page options
smawan1987
Community Member

Remittance Reference Number For Wire Transfer?

Hi all,

I have a question regarding wire transfers from upwork. Is there any Remittance Reference Number for wire transfers happening from upwork?

Detail:

I am trying to figure out the suited payment flow to my account here in Pakistan, the bank support representative asked me to provide the "Remittance Reference Number" !!!

If anyone can help, please do help. Thanks for your time.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Sohail, 

I checked the withdrawal you made on 28-November, and can see that it was successful on our end. If this transaction doesn't reflect on your account after 8-business days (from the day you withdrew your Upwork earnings), you can get in touch with us again, or contact our Customer Support Team directly so that they can issue a trace for you.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sohail,

Banks in some countries such as Ukraine and India require a memo along with every incoming wire transfer. When you select a wire transfer payment method, you will see a Remittance information field that allows you to enter a memo which will be sent along with your wire transfer.

• Banks process remittance information differently, so you should contact your bank to determine the format you need to use for the memo. Depending on your bank, it may or may not be visible on your bank statement.
  • Custom remittance memos can be set on scheduled wire payments. The memo will remain the same for each payment until you edit it in your schedule.

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, thanks for reply. Can i get information regarding my last wire transaction from upwork?

Hi Sohail, 

I checked the withdrawal you made on 28-November, and can see that it was successful on our end. If this transaction doesn't reflect on your account after 8-business days (from the day you withdrew your Upwork earnings), you can get in touch with us again, or contact our Customer Support Team directly so that they can issue a trace for you.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery, i hope it will be resolved.

Hi Avery, after 20 days, i didn't received transfer so i think there might be some issue regarding wire transfer. Can you please help me out to trace the transfer. Or if its good idea to contact support? Thanks for your time.

Hi Sohail,

Our team will initiate a trace on your transaction and reach out via ticket to assist you further directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, Thank you Goran.

Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Jan 31
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English