🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Remote work and work-life balance
Page options
ikikani
Community Member

Remote work and work-life balance

How can freelancers and clients strike a healthy balance and avoid burnout while working remotely?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
erinvega2016
Community Member

By setting work boundaries. Have set hours that you work. I time block every day on my calendar and follow it for the most part to a T. When my day begins I turn on my devices when it ends I turn them off. I found out early on in my freelance career that while I was more productive as I wasn't being interrupted a million times a day. But this also showed my clients that I had time to work on additional tasks/projects. This eventually led me to work 16 hour days for my clients which is what I was trying to get away from. I started freelancing because I wanted more time with my family and after starting out I found that I was losing even more precious time with them. After a month I realized that no matter how much time or how productive I felt that my clients would just add more tasks. When I am not working I am 100% focused on my family and not worrying about work. 

"Life's a Journey, Not a Destination" - Aerosmith

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
erinvega2016
Community Member

By setting work boundaries. Have set hours that you work. I time block every day on my calendar and follow it for the most part to a T. When my day begins I turn on my devices when it ends I turn them off. I found out early on in my freelance career that while I was more productive as I wasn't being interrupted a million times a day. But this also showed my clients that I had time to work on additional tasks/projects. This eventually led me to work 16 hour days for my clients which is what I was trying to get away from. I started freelancing because I wanted more time with my family and after starting out I found that I was losing even more precious time with them. After a month I realized that no matter how much time or how productive I felt that my clients would just add more tasks. When I am not working I am 100% focused on my family and not worrying about work. 

"Life's a Journey, Not a Destination" - Aerosmith

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths