🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Remote work
Page options
tresagrigsby
Community Member

Remote work

I am new at freelancing and I would like to know how remote jobs work. For example say there is a job posted for remote bookkeeping work and that you must have experience in quickbooks online. Does that mean that you would somehow get into there system from yours and work on their software and that you do not have to have a version of it on your computer or do you have to purchase the software and install on your computer.

Thank you in advance for any help or knowledge you can pass my way.

Tresa

1 REPLY 1
kat303
Community Member

Tresa G wrote:

I am new at freelancing and I would like to know how remote jobs work. For example say there is a job posted for remote bookkeeping work and that you must have experience in quickbooks online. Does that mean that you would somehow get into there system from yours and work on their software and that you do not have to have a version of it on your computer or do you have to purchase the software and install on your computer.

Thank you in advance for any help or knowledge you can pass my way.

Tresa

------------------

Most likely you would log into their system but that would all depend on the job and should be discussed with the client. If this client wants you to purchase the program from them and they will send a check, that's a scam. You should only purchase software if you will be using it in the future on other jobs here, NOT for a specific job. (and it should be your decision and your purchase from a reputable company such as Newegg or Amazon or from the company itself.) 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths